Disu Should Transfer Back

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

jeff93
Lieutenant

Disu Should Transfer Back

Post by jeff93 »

Half joking but it is ridiculous how little time he is seeing at Texas. Like 10 minutes per game.

He was arguably the most up and coming junior in the SEC at the end of the season last year. Lots of points and tons of rebounds.

It’s sad to see him getting end of the bench type minutes at Texas.

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: Disu Should Transfer Back

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Eh. Sad for him, I suppose. But he made his bed. No ill will towards him. Don’t feel sorry for him.

Edit: Also, in 6 minutes of Texas’s Big 12 quarterfinals loss to TCU, he was 0-1, with his only stats being 2 turnovers and a foul. I know he had an injury earlier in the year that set him back. But he hasn’t performed anywhere near up to the level he did at VU. Maybe he will realize that the grass isn’t always greener…
manager65
Chief

Post by manager65 »

As my grandson & I were watching the Bama game last nite I said exactly the same thing. I wish Disu would transfer back. Its a shame to see him sitting on the bench at Texas. With him we would be going to the big dance.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

I'd take him back, but in no way do I feel sorry for him.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

VUaskew wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:49 am I'd take him back, but in no way do I feel sorry for him.
I don't feel any different toward him than if a bio-chem major transferred.

If that un-named bio-chem major wanted to transfer back.... that's up the the university to decide. Plus in the case of an athlete, there has to be an extra schollie and the returning players have to be cool with it.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

I know he was injured at the beginning of the season as I don't think he even started playing until the middle or end of December but I'm unsure if this is the reason for his low number of minutes and production. I thought highly of him at Vandy as he seemed to really be growing into the role physically and mentally. However, once Disu signed with Texas, he made some remarks in the media that were borderline disrespectful as the focus was on why Texas didn't sign him out of high school but Vandy gave him the chance to prove he could play at Texas.

If there were a scenario where he did come back to Nashville (though highly unlikely) he kind of showed his true self and feelings, so it would be kind of a bitter sweet thing.
vandyhank
Lieutenant

Post by vandyhank »

He is from the Austin area. Maybe he wanted his family to see him play.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

vandyhank wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:03 pm He is from the Austin area. Maybe he wanted his family to see him play.
First he actually has to play, right?
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

The main problem with that is that I believe you only get one free transfer, but if he transferred anywhere again, he would have to sit out a year.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

vandyhank wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:03 pm He is from the Austin area. Maybe he wanted his family to see him play.
Hope they don't blink.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

He has been quoted as saying that he always wanted to be at Texas. In high school he was skinny, so they just did not offer him. So, Vandy became his training ground. Texas accepted him as a transfer after he had put on muscle while at Vandy.

Supposedly he is still recovering from a fairly severe knee injury, which could explain his limited playing time. However, in no event will he be coming back to Vandy, in my view.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

After the rave reviews the last few days from people like Dick Vitale and Calipari, we should be able to cherry pick the portal for a blue-chip hot shot. I like Jermaine Mann but he is a glue guy, not like one of those high flying UK 1&done guys. Our next portal guy should be like a cross between Ja Morant and Giannis Antetokounmpo with just a touch of Karl-Anthony Towns.

Hey, one can dream, right?
Locked Previous topicNext topic