Kiara Pearl Recovering From Surgery

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Kiara Pearl Recovering From Surgery

Post by MikeADore »

Coach Ralph said Kiara is recovering from surgery and will be out for the foreseeable future. It wasn't clear if she is still recovering from last season's surgery or if this is a new event. I got the impression it is more recent than last year. Either way, she was, no doubt purposefully, vague about it. Someone asked her about it in the Albany postgame presser.

Oddly enough, I thought I saw Kiara in a time-out huddle wearing sweats during the game. I've actually looked for her with no success most every game this year. Even if she was able to resume activities today, it would be a daunting task to get physically ready to play against SEC competition this year, so I would guess we won't see her.

VandyDan78
Captain

Re: Kiara Pearl Recovering From Surgery

Post by VandyDan78 »

It looks like Kiara ended her playing career back in January. That must be devastating for her. She posted this on social media:

kiarapearl: As I’m typing this I’m crying because it’s hard for me to talk about 😭 but making this post will answer a lot of questions. I’ve held off from posting anything about my current injury and why I’m not playing because when I do talk about it, it truly sets in that I will not be returning. Back in October i was given the news that after I had my second surgery in June, my knee was not getting any better and tissue between my tibia and fibula were breaking off, creating a big hole in my knee. After my surgeon and physical therapist saw the amount of damage my knee was in, they concluded that this will be a career ending injury for me. Me continuing to play at a high level with the condition my knee is in, I would eventually blow it out. With that being said, it is now time for me to move on with my life. Huge thank you to everyone who has supported me on this long journey and who have helped me get to where I am today. Much love always 💚🤞🏽#33 out
SV#
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Re: Kiara Pearl Recovering From Surgery

Post by VandyWhit »

Sad new, thanks for posting. Best wishes to her as she moves forward with her life. Surely Vanderbilt will figure out how to support her through the remainder of her academic career to ensure that she can leave with a Vanderbilt degree, won't they? At least I hope so!
Locked Previous topicNext topic