Charlie Mattos is putting away the mic

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Charlie Mattos is putting away the mic

Post by charlestonalum »

I can't remember before he did the games. i am going to miss him, especially "fiddling and fiddlling."

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Re: Charlie Mattos is putting away the mic

Post by VandyWhit »

Final regular season game tomorrow (Sunday); after that, I guess it'll be like it usually is for seniors with little hope for post-season; i.e., every SECT game could be the final final game.
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

VandyWhit wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:36 pm Final regular season game tomorrow (Sunday); after that, I guess it'll be like it usually is for seniors with little hope for post-season; i.e., every SECT game could be the final final game.
It turns out to be a little more complicated than that. According to Charlie on the broadcast today, his day job with WSM will prevent him from covering the Wednesday morning game; Kevin Ingram will do it instead. If Vanderbilt wins, then Charlie will be there for the Thursday game and for any further games. So if Vanderbilt loses on Wednesday, today's game at Alabama will be Charlie's last. But if Vanderbilt wins on Wednesday, then his last game will come later in the week. (All this is assuming that we don't shock the world by winning the SECT, of course).
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I don't live in Nashville any more. Don't know what Charlie does for WSM (radio? tv? both?).

But I would think after 30 years his bosses could give him one personal day off. Maybe on the proviso that he mention the generosity of his employer, yada, yada, yada.

Unless Charlie is covering the invasion of Ukraine, his potential final game at Vanderbilt should take precedence. Can we start a phone campaign to WSM?
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

He will be greatly missed.
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Versus75 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:16 pm I don't live in Nashville any more. Don't know what Charlie does for WSM (radio? tv? both?).

But I would think after 30 years his bosses could give him one personal day off. Maybe on the proviso that he mention the generosity of his employer, yada, yada, yada.

Unless Charlie is covering the invasion of Ukraine, his potential final game at Vanderbilt should take precedence. Can we start a phone campaign to WSM?
Radio, including a morning show . . .

https://wsmradio.com/shows/coffee-country-cody-3/

. . . and at least on some occasions works with Grand Ole Opry.
Locked Previous topicNext topic