Gate tickets for Sunday

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Jjsvandy052
Petty Officer

Gate tickets for Sunday

Post by Jjsvandy052 »

Anyone know if the ticket office still sells “open” seats after the first pitch? Wanting to head down for the game this afternoon and no tickets available.

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Gate tickets for Sunday

Post by Versus75 »

No promises they say but looks like yes.
30 in queue.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I heard that the line got quite a bit longer.

Can any of you report — so we know for future — if walk-up tickets WERE sold, what did they cost, about how many got in?

The place was still not full. It won’t be full on Tuesday either.
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

The ticket cost would be the same as it was for the individual game tickets sold pre-season. Believe it was $16 for infield and $10 for outfield.

I am an android phone user and wanted an easier way to show my ticket and to also share my 2nd ticket with others. Here is what I did and it worked great last weekend.

1. Using the Vandy GameDay app, I saved a screenshot of each ticket. 66 in total saved to the Screenshots folder.

2. Connected my phone using USB to my PC and opened the Screenshots folder. Renamed each ticket image to a name such as Game_03_07.jpg to represent the game number and seat number. This would also automatically sort the tickets in the correct sequence.

3. Created a new folder under internal storage named Tickets using the PC file manager app. I then copied and pasted the newly named ticket image files from the Screenshots folder to the Tickets folder.

4. Using the android file manager app, I located the Tickets folder under internal storage and selected it. One of the options should be Add to Home Screen or something similar. Now you should have an icon for the Tickets folder for easy access without have to navigate thru the GameDay app.

5. To present your ticket to the ticket taker, just tap the Tickets icon, then the ticket image for the game and seat. The screen capture looks just like the original.

6. To transfer the ticket to someone else, when displaying the image there should be the share wishbone icon at the bottom of the image. Tap it, select Google Messages or whatever text app you use, and then select your recipient and send. After the game, I delete the images of completed games, so the next game will be at the top.

This took me about 2 hours to do, but when I started I didn't have a plan. By the end of the year the simplicity of this will more than make up for the original time expended, and no worries about having good cellular data or using Google Pay.
Locked Previous topicNext topic