Big mistake

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

PeteFox
Vice Admiral

Big mistake

Post by PeteFox »

Watching the UGA-Clemson replay. VU will be lucky to gain -100 yards against this defense, at least until they put the water boys and managers in.

cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Re: Big mistake

Post by cjdore »

If we can only score 3 against ETSU, I think we will be in negative numbers against UGA
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

Georgia got away with holding receivers, pass interferences, roughing the quarterback after he had already passed the ball, and hits to the head when players were going out of bounds.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Golddore68 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:04 pm Georgia got away with holding receivers, pass interferences, roughing the quarterback after he had already passed the ball, and hits to the head when players were going out of bounds.
What conference were the refs from?
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

Golddore68 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:04 pm Georgia got away with holding receivers, pass interferences, roughing the quarterback after he had already passed the ball, and hits to the head when players were going out of bounds.
The only way our offense gains yards against GA is for them to commit defensive penalties.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

...and it wasn't even Grantham!
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

So what else is new about a Georgia defense??
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

On one play, I was screaming at my TV, and I’m not even a Clemson fan. Georgia punted the ball. At first it appeared the punt was partially blocked and the Clemson defender roughed the kicker after he punted the ball. But the Clemson receiver caught it and ran out of bounds. Right after he went out of bounds a Georgia defender about took his head off. The refs didn’t even flag him for that. Instead they reviewed the play, they discovered that Clemson didn’t partially block the punt and they assessed a penalty on Clemson for roughing the kicker. I was screaming at the TV, “What about the late hit out of bounds to the punt returner’s head? There’s no penalty for that?” Unbelievable.
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

FayetteDore wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:34 pm
SEC
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

DivergentDore wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:34 pm
FayetteDore wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:34 pm
SEC
Who else could it have been?
Locked Previous topicNext topic