Good luck tonight

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Wolfpack73
Petty Officer

Good luck tonight

Post by Wolfpack73 »

I listen to a lot of sports radio and I'm sick of hearing about covid and the NCAA

End this series tonight so we can all get on with our lives. Lol. Been nice meeting all of you that I did here. Again,good luck

vandyman24
Petty Officer

Re: Good luck tonight

Post by vandyman24 »

Thanks Wolfpack! We’ve enjoyed you joining in on our board and discussing baseball!
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

The Wolfpack certainly has nothing to be ashamed of. They were a good team during the season, beat the #1 team 2 out of 3 AT THEIR PLACE, & made it to the CWS. Hopefully the 2 schools will face each other in postseason. I'd love to see both in Omaha again.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

I sure hope we can accommodate you and end it tonight. All the best to you.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Thanks Wolfpack, and thank you for being civil. You are a gentleman.

And Football is looking pretty cheery for you this fall, I understand.
Wolfpack73
Petty Officer

Post by Wolfpack73 »

Guess we will find out. Returning 20+ players on an 8 win team. Who knows. We do play miss st this year at their house I believe. Guess they will find out how good they are playing an sec team.

Bowl game against Kentucky didn't turn out so well
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Good luck Wolfpack and thanks for your contributions to this message board.
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

It has been a pleasure reading your contributions. Your civility and honest appraisals are always appreciated. it’s good to get the perspective from the other side of the contest. Thanks
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Wolfpack73 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:50 pm Guess we will find out. Returning 20+ players on an 8 win team. Who knows. We do play miss st this year at their house I believe. Guess they will find out how good they are playing an sec team.

Bowl game against Kentucky didn't turn out so well
Yeah, read that NC State will be Clempsum's biggest threat in the ACC this year. You're returning 20+ STARTERS? Wow. I feel like the tiggers will be well below where they've been the past 2-3 years. Go take it to them.
Wolfpack73
Petty Officer

Post by Wolfpack73 »

20+ players coming back. Not all starters I think. Yeah we have high hopes but we usually do and are disappointed. Lol

Anyway,sucks y'all couldn't end it last night but rocker lives for these moments it seems. Should be in good shape tonight
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Wolfpack73 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:50 am 20+ players coming back. Not all starters I think. Yeah we have high hopes but we usually do and are disappointed. Lol

Anyway,sucks y'all couldn't end it last night but rocker lives for these moments it seems. Should be in good shape tonight
Hope you’re right! Good luck to y’all next year, and if we ever play again in any sport feel free to drop us a line! It’s great hearing from opposing fans who are sporting and like to discuss the game.

As a side note, one of my all-time favorite VU basketball memories is our comeback win against NC State in the NCAA tourney to reach the Sweet 16 my senior year at VU. Sorry if that brings up a sore spot, though the way our basketball program has fared lately I’m sure y’all would take it to us and exact some measure of revenge if we meet again soon!
Wolfpack73
Petty Officer

Post by Wolfpack73 »

Haha. Yeah I remember that game well
Locked Previous topicNext topic