State fans threw beer on me and my son

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

State fans threw beer on me and my son

Post by admin »

Pieces of crap. I hope they never win another game in any sport.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Re: State fans threw beer on me and my son

Post by dallasdore »

admin wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:49 pm Pieces of crap. I hope they never win another game in any sport.
Most State fans are really decent people. There are a few crappy fans in every fanbase, ours included. A few teams, like EweTee and now apparently NCState, have a lot more garbage fans. Horrible that you had to have an interaction with one of the idiots from there. They'll have a few as well. And I think the swell of anti-Vandy venom spewed the last few days, for NO GOOD REASON, has egged them on.

PS... In the 1999 "battle for the bowl" between us and UK in football, my girlfriend and I had beer cans randomly thrown at us 3 times at the dud... by Vandy fans. A fight actually ensued in the stands. Totally classless. Those are everywhere.
Last edited by dallasdore on Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

So sorry this happened to you. Now I really want to see a sweep.
NateSY
Captain

Post by NateSY »

I hate to say it, but my experience with Miss State fans overall combined with their actions over the last weekend and today, has solidified them as my most hated fan base. I will literally cheer for UT when they play MSU from here on out.
NateSY
Captain

Post by NateSY »

Also, multiple state fans were tossed from the game for yelling racial slurs at the parents of some of our players.

LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

NateSY wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:06 am Also, multiple state fans were tossed from the game for yelling racial slurs at the parents of some of our players.

Sad.

I had hoped that the South progressed more than from the time of Perry Wallace. He endured more racial slurs, insults and threats than we can possibly imagine. After his pioneering days, today in the SEC there are black athletes, cheerleaders, coaches, professors and more. Even a black President. There is racial progress, but still there are those who live in the era of the Civil War.

My personal viewpoint is to judge people on their character. In fact, one of my best friends is black in the Bay Area. He is honest, upright and the product of great upbringing.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

I am here in Omaha I can concur with the rude fans from MSU. I had always thought that Ole Miss was the biggest bunch of drunken, rude fans until I have had to interact with MSU fans here at the CWS. I thought I was going to have to fight my way out of there. And in the middle of the game the roving reporter featured two small girls less than probably 10 that were leading cheers amongst VU fans and MSU fans actually booed these little darlings.......classless!!!!!
Last edited by cjdore on Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
vandybl
Commander

Post by vandybl »

There are classless fans following all programs. I feel bad for the VU fans who are enduring jibes and worse in Omaha from the Bulldog yokels. I hope the Vandy baseball team shuts them up soon. My wife and I had beer poured on us at a VU home football game vs Tennessee many years ago. Heath Shuler led a UT comeback that day, but Vandy played well and led much of the game. Four orange behemoths sat behind us and every time my wife got up to cheer with her gold pompoms, the ogres bellowed down on us. The fumes were incredible. My son, who went to Tennessee Tech, was and is a big Vandy fan. He attended the VU-UT game in Knoxville where Patton Robinette led the 4Q comeback win. When Patton crossed the goal line on the fake jump pass, my son rose and cheered loudly. Seconds later an empty whiskey bottle whizzed by his ear - injuring some folks in front of him. I talked to him on the phone after the game and advised him to keep his head low and make it back home safely.

There is no place in sports for fans like these. Go Vandy!
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

NateSY wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:06 am Also, multiple state fans were tossed from the game for yelling racial slurs at the parents of some of our players.

I had not really thought about it until I saw this article, but Vanderbilt has 8 black players on their team, which is unusual given the overall low numbers of black players in the college ranks. It is sad, but not really surprising, that you still have to deal with that level of ignorance and hatred these days.

https://theundefeated.com/features/vand ... an-little/
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

NateSY wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:06 am Also, multiple Mississippi State fans were tossed from the game for yelling racial slurs at the parents of some of our players.

You can take trash out of Mississippi, but you can't take Mississippi out of the trash.
Last edited by Doreknox on Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vufan1
Rear Admiral

Post by vufan1 »

Wow. So sorry to hear that. We are (accidentally) staying at the MSU team hotel and haven’t had any issues yet. Most people have been cordial. We interacted with the MSU fans around us at the game without any issues either.

Hopefully you’ll avoid the idiots today.
AirForceDore
Rear Admiral

Post by AirForceDore »

That sucks. It is true, all fan bases have the "few" that get everyone categorized as horrible fans. As was alluded to earlier, Vandy has taken a lot of heat for something out of their control. You could hear it in Corbins answers at the press conference prior to the finals. I have family in MS that are MSU alums and fans. They are fine, and their friends seem fine too. But just as we categorize them as classless hillbillies, they categorize Vandy fans as elitist snobs. It sucks. Glad I wasn't there, I probably would have gotten booted for getting into it with a few of their drunk fans. I almost got booted from a Vandy football game years ago against UGA for getting into it with some obnoxiously drunk fans. Hopefully the fans that threw beer on you won't be near you today. Hopefully the ignorant a$$holes yelling racial slurs are banned from the stadium. And finally, hopefully Corbin rallies the team around all this crap and we beat the ever loving dog sh!t out of MSU.
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

AirForceDore wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:07 am That sucks. It is true, all fan bases have the "few" that get everyone categorized as horrible fans. As was alluded to earlier, Vandy has taken a lot of heat for something out of their control. You could hear it in Corbins answers at the press conference prior to the finals. I have family in MS that are MSU alums and fans. They are fine, and their friends seem fine too. But just as we categorize them as classless hillbillies, they categorize Vandy fans as elitist snobs. It sucks. Glad I wasn't there, I probably would have gotten booted for getting into it with a few of their drunk fans. I almost got booted from a Vandy football game years ago against UGA for getting into it with some obnoxiously drunk fans. Hopefully the fans that threw beer on you won't be near you today. Hopefully the ignorant a$$holes yelling racial slurs are banned from the stadium. And finally, hopefully Corbin rallies the team around all this crap and we beat the ever loving dog sh!t out of MSU.
Well said - conquer and prevail.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

admin wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:49 pm Pieces of crap. I hope they never win another game in any sport.
I hope you had them tossed.
NWOHDore
Lieutenant

Post by NWOHDore »

From AD CSL

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We were leaving the game last night and the same person who threw beer on us on Monday night came up behind my son (adult) and grabbed him by the shoulder wanting to fight. The assaulter had several friends with him. Thankfully a couple of them got control of this blight on humankind.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:52 am We were leaving the game last night and the same person who threw beer on us on Monday night came up behind my son (adult) and grabbed him by the shoulder wanting to fight. The assaulter had several friends with him. Thankfully a couple of them got control of this blight on humankind.
Good grief. What a horse’s a$$. Hope you reported it. Two nights in a row, he shouldn’t be allowed back in tonight. (Of course, I’m sure in the moment it’s hard to report when you’re just thinking about protecting yourselves and avoiding an unnecessary situation - but still, that person is clearly a prick!).
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Sports without the bigots and blowhards would really be something.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:38 am
admin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:52 am We were leaving the game last night and the same person who threw beer on us on Monday night came up behind my son (adult) and grabbed him by the shoulder wanting to fight. The assaulter had several friends with him. Thankfully a couple of them got control of this blight on humankind.
Good grief. What a horse’s a$$. Hope you reported it. Two nights in a row, he shouldn’t be allowed back in tonight. (Of course, I’m sure in the moment it’s hard to report when you’re just thinking about protecting yourselves and avoiding an unnecessary situation - but still, that person is clearly a prick!).
We reported him to several officers but he had already escaped with his buddies. Gave a description of him but it probably matched about 25 percent of the men there's appearance.
MikenNashville
Captain

Post by MikenNashville »

What I've heard state fans are being complete garbage, I used to pull for them against Ole Miss and the putrid orange but from now on I'll be neutral at best.
Last edited by MikenNashville on Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Locked Previous topicNext topic