“It’s not fair!”

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

“It’s not fair!”

Post by Golddore68 »

The ESPN announcers just had a dialogue in which they basically whined and bellyached about how unfair it was that N.C. State had to drop out of the CWS.

“They lost 23-1 to Arkansas, the number one team in the nation, and then came back and won two straight to get to Omaha! Then they won convincingly over Stanford and Vanderbilt! They should have had the chance to keep playing! They would have had the best chance to have won the championship of the remaining teams! It’s not fair what happened to them!”

Give me a break. Their coach didn’t require vaccinations of his players. College football and college basketball and other scheduled college games were cancelled all year and it wasn’t “unfair,” it was necessary due to the risk of Covid.

doubledore9603
Lieutenant

Re: “It’s not fair!”

Post by doubledore9603 »

ESPN is owned by Disney... They likely had the movie rights locked up too if that 13 man team somehow managed to beat Vandy yesterday.

It's not fair. Whatever. What's not fair is the complete lack of respect some NC State players and their coach had for the vaccine, and the well-being of their families, friends, teammates and opponents.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

1-0 is winning convincingly?
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

commadore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:42 pm 1-0 is winning convincingly?
Considering they did it against Leiter when he had struck out so many in the game, they see it as “convincing.”
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

commadore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:42 pm 1-0 is winning convincingly?
Counting above 1 is difficult for some of the talking heads.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

It's not fair that basing life decisions on idiot conspiracy theories has consequences.
Starkiller
Commander

Post by Starkiller »

If only there had been some way to prevent it!!!
doubledore9603
Lieutenant

Post by doubledore9603 »

belair
Rear Admiral

Biden is behind it

Post by belair »

Everybody knows that Biden is behind it and the NCAA is his puppet. Part of his plot to force everyone to ingest poison.
Lynchsr
Captain

Post by Lynchsr »

Please stop the ignorant post.

Positive COVID test does not equal unvaccinated. 4 of the 6 NC St players to test positive were vaccinated. Their coach made a dumb initial statement that has been interpreted as he being anti vaccine (myself included). As the story starts to come out, let it.

It sucks for NC State. Hard stop. They have the right to be upset. Players vaccinated but yet test positive. It could have happened to us and would be heartbreaking.

Happy we are moving on but willing to acknowledge it was not how we would have liked to have gotten there
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Re: Biden is behind it

Post by LawoftheWest »

belair wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:24 pm Everybody knows that Biden is behind it and the NCAA is his puppet. Part of his plot to force everyone to ingest poison.

Weird post of the year. Although I am not a Biden fan, this post is beyond the pale. "Everyone take poison"? I had my COVID vaccination in February. I have known 4 people who have died of COVID. The vaccinations have resulted in a significant decline in COVID deaths. Where is this coming from? Unsubstantiated internet drivel?

The NCAA is Biden's puppet? Fantasy. The NCAA is inept, but not a puppet of any politician.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

I just don't get this whining crap. This isn't the first time, other programs in other sports (prime example see March madness, VCU) have come upon this. It is what it is. The whole team was tested, including their vaccinated players, AFTER the positive results came back and several within the organization were reporting symptoms. So the NCAA wanted to see the extent and tested everyone. It happens, that's probably protocol. It's terrible but unfortunately the last 18 months have gone to this.

What else in the world was the NCAA (or it's partners it consulted with, including Omaha medical) to do? Delay the whole thing and the plans for thousands of fans?????? To some unknown date when everything is fine for all teams????? Let them play with a covid "outbreak" and take even more heat for that???? I just don't get the problem with the NCAA, and certainly haven't heard any credible solutions that could have been taken from all the complainers.

I hate it for the NC State players. No sympathy for their (mostly) ignorant fan base however. I even read some say Corbin was behind it. LMAO! How ignorant!! Most just blame the NCAA. I wish we could have played them fair and square for two games, and I've heard that our team feels the same way... but EFF their fan base. What a bunch of wahoos.

Sorry for the rant, but tired of the "it's not fair" whining mentality of the whole thing. Guess what, morons, life isn't always fair. Hasn't been to me, probably hasn't been to you, either. Get over it and move on. Personally, I would have liked things to play out, even though we likely could have been eliminated.

I saw someone make a CWS champion shirt for them. Like they had any chance against Miss State, or even Texas for that matter. LOL at their fan base. They are geographically located way too close to EweTee.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

LawoftheWest wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:12 pm
belair wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:24 pm Everybody knows that Biden is behind it and the NCAA is his puppet. Part of his plot to force everyone to ingest poison.

Weird post of the year. Although I am not a Biden fan, this post is beyond the pale. "Everyone take poison"? I had my COVID vaccination in February. I have known 4 people who have died of COVID. The vaccinations have resulted in a significant decline in COVID deaths. Where is this coming from? Unsubstantiated internet drivel?

The NCAA is Biden's puppet? Fantasy. The NCAA is inept, but not a puppet of any politician.
I think they were being sarcastic.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

Lynchsr wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:09 pm Please stop the ignorant post.

Positive COVID test does not equal unvaccinated. 4 of the 6 NC St players to test positive were vaccinated. Their coach made a dumb initial statement that has been interpreted as he being anti vaccine (myself included). As the story starts to come out, let it.

It sucks for NC State. Hard stop. They have the right to be upset. Players vaccinated but yet test positive. It could have happened to us and would be heartbreaking.

Happy we are moving on but willing to acknowledge it was not how we would have liked to have gotten there
I don't think it could have happened to us though because our guys are vaccinated. If you're vaccinated you don't have to get tested because the odds of you having COVID are really low. And even if you do have COVID, your viral load is low and you're not as likely to pass it on (based on what we know right now). It does suck for them, but this wouldn't have happened to us because our program made a decision that if you wanted to be a part of our team, you had to get the vaccine, for the good of the entire group. Its certainly each individual's decision, but you just can't be a part of the group of you make that decision.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

vandy05 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:47 pm

Yeah, belair was being sarcastic.

The dumbing down of our entire population due to politics has come down to:

Pre-election: I'm not taking the vaccine when it becomes available because Trump made sure it went through quickly and it's not safe. Trump's an idiot.

Post-election: I'm not taking the vaccine because Biden tells us all to take it now and it's not safe. Biden's an idiot.

With that, let's DROP THE POLITICS OR TAKE IT TO THE COFFEE SHOP.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

dallasdore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:56 pm

Pre-election: I'm not taking the vaccine when it becomes available because Trump made sure it went through quickly and it's not safe. Trump's an idiot.

Post-election: I'm not taking the vaccine because Biden tells us all to take it now and it's not safe. Biden's an idiot.

If only the Coffee Shop were open! Its okay though dallas, we can handle a little back and forth as long as we maintain a little perspective. But if you get to make a political statement, then its not really fair for you to tell the rest of us to stop :)

I'm a dyed in the blue Democrat, but I'm very thankful for the work of so many in the prior administration that helped with Warp Speed. There is nothing wrong with being reasonably grateful for that if you're a Democrat. And for what it's worth, I don't personally know any Democrats who said they weren't going to take the vaccine because of anything related to Trump. They were reading the science about the vaccine and knew the process and got it as soon as they could.
Starkiller
Commander

Post by Starkiller »

vandy05 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:11 am
dallasdore wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:56 pm

If only the Coffee Shop were open! Its okay though dallas, we can handle a little back and forth as long as we maintain a little perspective.
Don’t worry, people on the internet are well known for being good at maintaining perspective…
belair
Rear Admiral

Post by belair »

Yes indeed sarcasm. Thought it was stupid enough to not have to turn the alert on. Obviously Covid protocols are there for reasons.
The fact that the entire Tourney was cancelled last year is really all the proof you need that the NCAA was committed to protocol. Covid consequences have affected us all in varying ways. I have had it and 6 months later still have lingering symptoms.
Senseless to claim what I could have accomplished during the the 6 months as mine because I got jobbed for having it.
Now this is more sarcasm to be clear...
I thought about getting Jennifer Anniston as my girlfriend and was really committed to making a play. But I contracted Covid and that just sucks for me. However with NC State thinking I can just say she was my girlfriend. Hahaha
Last edited by belair on Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
belair
Rear Admiral

Post by belair »

Yes indeed sarcasm. Thought it was stupid enough to not have to turn the alert on. Obviously Covid protocols are there for reasons.
The fact that the entire Tourney was cancelled last year is really all the proof you need that the NCAA was committed to protocol. Covid consequences have affected us all in varying ways. I have had it and 6 months later still have lingering symptoms.
Senseless to claim what I could have accomplished during the the 6 months as mine because I got jobbed for having it.
Now this is more sarcasm to be clear...
I thought about getting Jennifer Anniston as my girlfriend and was really committed to making a play. But I contracted Covid and that just sucks for me. With NC State thinking I can just say she WAS my girlfriend. Hahaha
Last edited by belair on Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Good grief. Have you read this thread ? It was a joke.
Locked Previous topicNext topic