Regardless of tonight’s outcome...

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandyman24
Petty Officer

Regardless of tonight’s outcome...

Post by vandyman24 »

I’m very proud of this team. Just my personal opinion, but they’ve exceeded my expectations for this season. Not one of our offensive players had played in any meaningful collegiate baseball games until this year. Even our pitching outside of Rocker hadn’t pitched in any big time games. Experience means a lot when playing an SEC schedule and in the tournament, and we’ve excelled without very much game experience. I still think we have a great chance to make it to the championship series, but if not, we’ve still had a great season! AD*

PeteFox
Vice Admiral

Re: Regardless of tonight’s outcome...

Post by PeteFox »

I wholeheartedly agree.
VirginiaDore
Ensign

Post by VirginiaDore »

Absolutely. Only eight teams make it to Omaha, which is all that needs to be said.
vandylifer
Lieutenant

Post by vandylifer »

My wife and I are out here and what a game it was on Monday evening. It's baseball -- NC State is a prime example: who would have predicted they would be where they are right now after that 21-2 loss to Arkansas back on June 11 -- and it just wouldn't surprise me if we bounce back tonight and make a little run.
If we don't . . . I agree it's been a very good season!
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

When you think about the injuries suffered by this team over the course of the season, it's a wonder they are in the final six. That alone makes it an extraordinary achievement.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Ran into three players yesterday and spoke for a few minutes. Three of the nicest young men you'd ever want to meet. Disappointed about Monday night for sure, but certainly not down and out and certainly still believe that they can win the whole thing.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

baseball1234 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:27 pm Ran into three players yesterday and spoke for a few minutes. Three of the nicest young men you'd ever want to meet. Disappointed about Monday night for sure, but certainly not down and out and certainly still believe that they can win the whole thing.
Sounds great and I sure hope they win tonight. If so I will be on plane tomorrow!!!
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

Concur. Excellent season! Nothing to be upset about really.
Locked Previous topicNext topic