Kentucky site takes potshot at VU coaches' appeal to fans to "Take back our stadium"

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Seadog73
Admiral

Re: Kentucky site takes potshot at VU coaches' appeal to fans to "Take back our stadium"

Post by Seadog73 »

More drivel from the fan base that cheered an illegal out-of-bounds hit that ended a player's career, in Vanderbilt Stadium.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Kentucky site takes potshot at VU coaches' appeal to fans to "Take back our stadium"

Post by admin »

Well, they must mean for SEC games.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I wish we could have big pro Vandy crowds at every home game and lots of VU folks at away games. And the band at every game.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
NateSY
Captain

Post by NateSY »

Guess there’s not much to talk about as a Wildcrap fan right now. Anybody know how to tell if a teen girl is a Kentucky or Louisville fan? The Kentucky fan is pregnant.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

It's pretty simple - put more points on the scoreboard when they come to visit November 13th. None of this matters until they suit up and play.

I don't recall much smack talk from UK or articles like this written after they left Vanderbilt stadium in 2012 with the scoreboard reading 40-0.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /323080096
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Well, at least VU hasn't sold out the stadium ... to groceries:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.44.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 6.44.43 PM.png (554.27 KiB) Viewed 4216 times
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

FD: Unfortunately, there's not going to be LESS sponsorships as time goes by but more. Eventually college uniforms=FB, MBB, WBB, BB- will look like NASCAR drivers' uniforms. Isn't the WNBA already doing this?
UTCCommodore
Ensign

Post by UTCCommodore »

admin wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:53 pm I wish we could have big pro Vandy crowds at every home game and lots of VU folks at away games. And the band at every game.
Never understood why the University couldn't send a pep band to some of the away SEC games (UK, Ole Miss, UGA)

I know that the band usually takes 1 away game each year either to UT or when UT plays us at home they go to another SEC stadium.

Every other SEC school sends pep band's to most of their away games.
@AD SV#
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

UTCCommodore wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:10 am
admin wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:53 pm I wish we could have big pro Vandy crowds at every home game and lots of VU folks at away games. And the band at every game.
Never understood why the University couldn't send a pep band to some of the away SEC games (UK, Ole Miss, UGA)

I know that the band usually takes 1 away game each year either to UT or when UT plays us at home they go to another SEC stadium.

At one time, the band included members who attend Belmont and maybe Lipscomb. Is that still the case? And if it is, maybe it's a liability issue to take non-VU students to away games?

I love the band. Hope they let them play more this fall. The past 2-3 seasons (not counting last year of course) they've only let them play 3 quick songs at halftime.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
UTCCommodore
Ensign

Post by UTCCommodore »

FayetteDore wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:34 am
UTCCommodore wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:10 am

At one time, the band included members who attend Belmont and maybe Lipscomb. Is that still the case? And if it is, maybe it's a liability issue to take non-VU students to away games?

I love the band. Hope they let them play more this fall. The past 2-3 seasons (not counting last year of course) they've only let them play 3 quick songs at halftime.
I believe that they let Belmont, Lipscomb, Trevecca & Nashville State students participate in Marching Band, or at least that is what they used to do.

I know that they were looking to hire a new Assistant Director of Bands... seems like it is a revolving door over there for the past 5-10 years
@AD SV#
midnitelamp
Seaman

Post by midnitelamp »

I think the band would do well to emulate Stanford, The Leland Stanford Junior Universityl Marching Band that is. Virginia, or Rice also have insurgent bands.
Locked Previous topicNext topic