Dick Vitale on the transfer portal and tampering

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Dick Vitale on the transfer portal and tampering

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Dickie V says a lot about a lot of things, and he's mostly been background noise for me for the last couple of decades. But there was something about this tweet from two days ago that hit home. We're going to see a lot of tampering in the future (to Vitale's point, it's probably occurring en masse already), just because it's so easy to do and snagging a good player from another school will become the easiest (only?) way to turn a program around quickly and ensure another contract extension.

[tweet][/tweet]

vandy05
Vice Admiral

Re: Dick Vitale on the transfer portal and tampering

Post by vandy05 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:45 am Dickie V says a lot about a lot of things, and he's mostly been background noise for me for the last couple of decades. But there was something about this tweet from two days ago that hit home. We're going to see a lot of tampering in the future (to Vitale's point, it's probably occurring en masse already), just because it's so easy to do and snagging a good player from another school will become the easiest (only?) way to turn a program around quickly and ensure another contract extension.

[tweet][/tweet]
Don't doubt it. But a number of kids will get burned that way. Good luck to them. You make big boy decisions (which I'm all in favor of them having that right) then you have to live with those consequences.
Locked Previous topicNext topic