THREE commits today for 2022

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

THREE commits today for 2022

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Local player Langston Patterson, a well-regarded LB from CPA who had offers from a bunch of Power Five programs including UK, Notre Dame, Duke, Colorado, South Carolina, and UT, committed today, as did B.J. Diakite, another LB/DE/edge rusher from Pinson Valley, AL (same high school as Zach Cunningham). Diakite is much more under the radar prospect who was expected to pick up more offers over the summer.

And late today, the Dores received a commitment from DE Linus Zunk. Zunk is German and has only played football for two years, having been at Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School (GA), a boarding school in the northeast corner of Georgia. He's an outstanding student who also has offers from several Ivies.

https://247sports.com/college/vanderbil ... 162883158/

lidore12
Ensign

Re: THREE commits today for 2022

Post by lidore12 »

Awesome to see it. Between Diakite and Zunk does this have Simmons’ fingerprints on it?
Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Post by Johnmn555 »

Getting a guy named Linus Zunk will definitely ease the pain at having lost Aristole Taylor.

I'm definitely open to expanding the 500 mile target to 5,000 to get a German named Zunk.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

lidore12 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:39 pm Awesome to see it. Between Diakite and Zunk does this have Simmons’ fingerprints on it?
Absolutely, we have a very professional recruitment staff headed by Barton. Look forward to enhanced recruiting which is focused locally but looking world-wide!
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

looking forward to watching linus ZUNK opposing qb's!
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

Patterson has serious wheels and skills as an RB. Great nose for the ball on D and very tough to block - slippery, as the scouts like to say.

Diakite is an all around baller. Very athletic, nasty tackler. I think when he gets rated it will be high. If not, he's probably a victim of his versatility. He plays stand up DE, OLB, occasionally puts his hand on the ground and WR. His highlight reel also shows him returning two kickoffs for about 50 yards a piece and breaking up a lateral pass that he scoops and scores. Like I said - all around baller.

Zunk is a solid get. Very long and tall. Great motor - not super quick but very fast with a good stride. Can run guys down on the sideline. I've said before, I'm always leery of the foreign born guys with limited experience playing American football. They get through HS on the power of their athleticism, but when they get to college, they can't always acclimate to the violence of the contact. But... when you look at a specimen like Zunk - it's always worth a shot here and there. By the time he arrives at Vandy, he'll have played three years which ain't bad. With our heightened understanding of concussions now, many parents don't let their kids play football until 7th or 8th grade so he's really not that far behind.

Finally - looking at targets that have us as "warm". Our main qb prospect from Oak Park Ill has me salivating. A dual-threat lefty with a quick, easy flick for a release. Nice mobility but is truly a pass first guy. Looks like he can get it anywhere on the field. check him out on Hudl - Cobb is his last name.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

The highlights for Cobb were very impressive and they were from his Sophomore year! Let’s hope we can keep him committed until signing day!
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

Ndorefin wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:22 pm The highlights for Cobb were very impressive and they were from his Sophomore year! Let’s hope we can keep him committed until signing day!
He's still just a target - not committed - but yes I forgot - those were his soph highlights.
Sick right?
Locked Previous topicNext topic