South Alabama thread--game 2

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

South Alabama thread--game 2

Post by commadore »

Dores leave the bases loaded when the ump calls a pitch 6 inches low and outside strike three on Malloy.

EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Re: South Alabama thread--game 2

Post by EllistonVU »

So the "whistler" is there to annoy the world even at a non-conference mid-week game. SMH
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

EllistonVU wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:39 pm So the "whistler" is there to annoy the world even at a non-conference mid-week game. SMH
When he turned it up earlier I simply turned off the sound. Aggravating as, well, you know.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Vandy up 4-0 going to the bottom of the 8th. Our pitching is really good but the hitting is a work in progress.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Now going to the 9th inning. VU still up 4-0.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

commadore wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:50 pm
EllistonVU wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:39 pm So the "whistler" is there to annoy the world even at a non-conference mid-week game. SMH
When he turned it up earlier I simply turned off the sound. Aggravating as, well, you know.
I was trying to listen to the play-by-play via live streaming audio while doing other things and had to turn it off after we took the 1-0 lead. Thanks for making it impossible to listen to more than a half inning of a baseball game, whistling self-centered-needy-of-attention jerk.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

EllistonVU wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:59 pm
I was trying to listen to the play-by-play via live streaming audio while doing other things and had to turn it off after we took the 1-0 lead. Thanks for making it impossible to listen to more than a half inning of a baseball game, whistling self-centered-needy-of-attention jerk.
I tell you what. When you COME TO THE PARK and not listen while multi-tasking and get 1/2 half of us fans IN THE STANDS stamping our feet and clapping our hands IN SUPPORT of our Vandy baseball team THEN and ONLY THEN would I think you have any right to comment on what our two whistlers do in support of the team. Just my two cents worth.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

vutrain wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 pm
EllistonVU wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:59 pm

I tell you what. When you COME TO THE PARK and not listen while multi-tasking and get 1/2 half of us fans IN THE STANDS stamping our feet and clapping our hands IN SUPPORT of our Vandy baseball team THEN and ONLY THEN would I think you have any right to comment on what our two whistlers do in support of the team. Just my two cents worth.
Hard to do on a Wednesday night when you live 325 miles away.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

I have season tickets, but crap. It was 40 degrees and I'm sick as a dog as it is. I wish the season started in March.
Doresince89
Commander

Post by Doresince89 »

vutrain wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 pm I tell you what. When you COME TO THE PARK and not listen while multi-tasking and get 1/2 half of us fans IN THE STANDS stamping our feet and clapping our hands IN SUPPORT of our Vandy baseball team THEN and ONLY THEN would I think you have any right to comment on what our two whistlers do in support of the team. Just my two cents worth.
Completely agree. Do we really have to have this debate every year? These two guys go to nearly every game no matter where it is. They show support for the team and get the crowd into it. I can’t believe you can’t block out the whistling by now. I listened to the first half of the game on the Vandy app and watched the second half on ESPN app. Shortly after the game started i heard the whistle then it became background noise.
Only Vandy fans would complain about lack of fan support in football and basketball and then complain about people supporting baseball.
Locked Previous topicNext topic