Joe Fisher

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Commodorable
Petty Officer

Joe Fisher

Post by Commodorable »

I just love Joe Fisher to death!! I cannot watch ANY Vandy sport without having Joe in my ear. My husband can’t watch a TV game with me, because Joe is about 10 seconds ahead of the live action, and I can’t keep my mouth shut. He prefers to watch the game LIVE. Another thing, he hates the whistler, so he was watching Vandy on TV with the mute button on. He gives him a major headache. I was listening to Joe, when he got up to leave the room. He could hear the whistler through my ear plugs!! LISTEN TO JOE FISHER. He’s nothing but amazing.

Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Re: Joe Fisher

Post by Good2BGold »

I couldn't disagree more, but to each his own.
vandydrew
Ensign

Post by vandydrew »

I agree with you. I always feel like he's talking just to me. He really makes me feel like I'm at the game. He's so articulate and well spoken. Also easy to follow.
AirForceDore
Rear Admiral

Post by AirForceDore »

Joe is the best in the business in my opinion.
Bear8000
Lieutenant

Post by Bear8000 »

I’m pretty sure Joe actually loves Vanderbilt athletics and it comes across in his broadcasts. It’s more than just a job to him, which I appreciate
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

Commodorable wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:09 am I just love Joe Fisher to death!! I cannot watch ANY Vandy sport without having Joe in my ear. My husband can’t watch a TV game with me, because Joe is about 10 seconds ahead of the live action, and I can’t keep my mouth shut. He prefers to watch the game LIVE. Another thing, he hates the whistler, so he was watching Vandy on TV with the mute button on. He gives him a major headache. I was listening to Joe, when he got up to leave the room. He could hear the whistler through my ear plugs!! LISTEN TO JOE FISHER. He’s nothing but amazing.
Vandy fans are so lucky to have Joe Fisher as our announcer. He is fantastic.
accent grave over the e
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Good2BGold wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 am I couldn't disagree more, but to each his own.
Just to be clear, I like Joe as a play-by-play announcer. He has a pleasing voice and a smooth, professional approach. I also believe he loves Vanderbilt sports, and although I only rarely listen to the radio broadcasts for football and basketball, I think those broadcasts are really well done. But for some reason, probably monetary, they don't employ a color commentator for baseball. That leaves Joe to fill in the space occupied by the color commentators on the football and basketball broadcasts, and that's where he loses me. At the first sign of adversity, the sky is always about to fall for Joe. Plus, he spends too much of his commentary on what the other team wants to accomplish in critical situations. He's not on a major network, he's on the Vandebilt network, and the focus should be on what Vandebilt wants to accomplish. It's not Joe's fault, and it's really not fair to him; he's a play-by-play announcer, not a color commentator. In comparison, on the SEC Network Plus broadcasts, Andrew Harris adds so much to what Kevin Ingram brings to the broadcast. Vanderbilt should spring for a former player to be paired with Joe on the baseball broadcasts going forward, at least for the local games, if not all the games. The program deserves that.
Versus75
Admiral

Audio sync problem

Post by Versus75 »

I listened to Joe from the Vanderbilt app with the TV muted or on the alternate (non-announcer) channel and Joe was usually about 45 seconds ahead and that would cause some confusion.
But then someone in another thread suggested getting audio from vucommodores.com.
You are able to pause the audio and get it synchronized ed.

That worked! Now I don’t need to listen to the TV guys.
Bear8000
Lieutenant

Post by Bear8000 »

Good2BGold wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:59 pm
Good2BGold wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:24 am I couldn't disagree more, but to each his own.
Just to be clear, I like Joe as a play-by-play announcer. He has a pleasing voice and a smooth, professional approach. I also believe he loves Vanderbilt sports, and although I only rarely listen to the radio broadcasts for football and basketball, I think those broadcasts are really well done. But for some reason, probably monetary, they don't employ a color commentator for baseball. That leaves Joe to fill in the space occupied by the color commentators on the football and basketball broadcasts, and that's where he loses me. At the first sign of adversity, the sky is always about to fall for Joe. Plus, he spends too much of his commentary on what the other team wants to accomplish in critical situations. He's not on a major network, he's on the Vandebilt network, and the focus should be on what Vandebilt wants to accomplish. It's not Joe's fault, and it's really not fair to him; he's a play-by-play announcer, not a color commentator. In comparison, on the SEC Network Plus broadcasts, Andrew Harris adds so much to what Kevin Ingram brings to the broadcast. Vanderbilt should spring for a former player to be paired with Joe on the baseball broadcasts going forward, at least for the local games, if not all the games. The program deserves that.
I agree that a former Vandyboy would be great to team up with Joe on the baseball broadcasts. He definitely needs a color commentator
Locked Previous topicNext topic