TV????

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Commodorable
Petty Officer

TV????

Post by Commodorable »

Why in the world is the #2 team in the country NOT on TV? I just don’t get it.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: TV????

Post by Titans309fan »

Maybe because we aren't playing tonight. The regional is over.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

Titans309fan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:34 pm Maybe because we aren't playing tonight. The regional is over.
Well, what about last night? when we were subjected to wait until 8:00pm to start a game that was not televised.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

I watched the game on my TV, as I have every game in the sec tourney and regional. Streaming is terrific since I don't have to worry about "channels" anymore. I just select the game I want to see.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

I too have wondered why we aren't getting mainstream TV coverage. I can only guess that it is because we have a smaller alumni and fan base that many others still playing, but it is just a guess.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

my beef... if we aren't n TV, why are the games starting so damn late in the evening? no TV? fine... make first pitch at 600 PM
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Seadog73 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:31 am I too have wondered why we aren't getting mainstream TV coverage. I can only guess that it is because we have a smaller alumni and fan base that many others still playing, but it is just a guess.
That's part of it, but it's also because we played two games against Indiana State, which is not from a Power 5 conference. It's all about TV ratings, not the rankings of the team. If Ohio State had won the elimination game against Indiana State, I feel certain we would have been on ESPN2 or ESPNU or the SEC Network Sunday night. Despite their national ranking coming into the tourney, Indiana State is not a nationally known commodity.
Locked Previous topicNext topic