Lesko Rumor

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

HopsLikeHolwerda
Lieutenant

Lesko Rumor

Post by HopsLikeHolwerda »

I was talking to an area scout last weekend at East Cobb. We talked a bit about Lesko. He said that there is a lot of talk in scouting circles about the Braves taking Lesko in Round 1. The rumor is that the Braves motivation with their trade last week was to grab an extra 1st round pick. That way they can take a chance on Lesko with their first pick and then take someone with the next pick that is "safer" and they can get for below-slot. He actually mentioned Rocker there, if he is available. That way, even if Lesko doesn't pan out, they still have a first round pick (compensatory from the Royals) to fall back on.

I have to admit, it makes a lot of sense. The Braves treasure local prospects. And if this happens, we sill surely not see Lesko on campus as they will have all of his slot, plus more if they can sign the compensatory pick under-slot.

Just a rumor at this point, but the feeling is the Braves have a specific target in mind because of the trade they made. Many think it is Lesko.

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Lesko Rumor

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Interestingly, I read a mock draft in the last couple of days that mentioned the Braves were sniffing around the possibility of a Rocker selection.
commadore
Admiral

Re: Lesko Rumor

Post by commadore »

Neither made it to #20 though.
Locked Previous topicNext topic