so it’s Oregon State

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

roanoke
Admiral

so it’s Oregon State

Post by roanoke »

First opponent: San Diego.

I think traveling far is ok. Might loosen us up.

AuricFan
Lieutenant

Re: so it’s Oregon State

Post by AuricFan »

We are The Dark Horse, this year. Most unsettled pitching rotation I've ever seen, Jekyll & Hyde offense and experienced players making errors (Young, Noland (Infante 2.0), Jones...). I thought Indiana State would gel. Wrong. I think Corbs is as great--and confused as anyone. Crazy team to watch and predict.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Does Aaron Westlake have a Covid eligibility year?
Vandybird
Petty Officer

Post by Vandybird »

The Univ of San Diego baseball team is pretty darn good in 2022. The Vandy boys will have their hands full.
AuricFan
Lieutenant

Post by AuricFan »

We'll see. This year's team is annoying, frustrating, mystifying--and has also splashed brilliance, occasionally. I'm thinking about dropping a 20 on them to run through this. I think Vandymania is going to rain all-over Corvallis.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

NM St. doesn't have a very good record since Nick Gonzales was drafted top-ten of the first round of the MLB draft. I think he hit .448 one year in college and over .400 another.... and is hitting .285 in AA ball already so it's not a fluke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB7oLTycFgE
Vandybird
Petty Officer

Post by Vandybird »

To give you an idea of what blockheads the Coaches were in NM ..6 yrs ago. Nick Gonzalez was a non-scholarship freshman walk-on. He chose NM St ..... carried the team and the coaches for 4 seasons. The coaches went from a crap univ to WSU in Pullman, WA .... another crap univ .... but it's PAC-12. He was the best ballplayer in NM out of High School.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Oregon State scored TWENTY-TWO runs in a recent game versus UCLA. Leave those bats in the dugout … but bring on the pitchers who gave up 25 runs in that same game.

If we get to the OSU #3 starter things could get interesting.

https://uclabruins.com/sports/baseball/ ... core/31074
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Vandybird wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:49 pm To give you an idea of what blockheads the Coaches were in NM ..6 yrs ago. Nick Gonzalez was a non-scholarship freshman walk-on. He chose NM St ..... carried the team and the coaches for 4 seasons. The coaches went from a crap univ to WSU in Pullman, WA .... another crap univ .... but it's PAC-12. He was the best ballplayer in NM out of High School.
What’s your point? That’s ancient history and has nothing to do with this team.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Ndorefin wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:39 pm
Vandybird wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:49 pm To give you an idea of what blockheads the Coaches were in NM ..6 yrs ago. Nick Gonzalez was a non-scholarship freshman walk-on. He chose NM St ..... carried the team and the coaches for 4 seasons. The coaches went from a crap univ to WSU in Pullman, WA .... another crap univ .... but it's PAC-12. He was the best ballplayer in NM out of High School.
What’s your point? That’s ancient history and has nothing to do with this team.
I was the one who originally brought him up. Gripe at me if it makes you feel better, but the kid had 18 HRs his first year in Minor League ball. He has an amazing combination of bat speed in his swing and power. I know the WAC is not the SEC or ACC but Gonzales could have been outstanding in any league. He hit .361 in the Cape Cod league one summer and that was against high level college pitchers, iirc.

He's worth knowing about if you like baseball, so when Pittsburgh calls him up and he makes the All-Star game within a few seasons, people can say they knew about him all along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHCaQTpaxPQ
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Win today, we could win the region with 3 wins. Lose today, it will take 4 wins in a row. Glad CH is pitching. Hope we hit.....
Vandybird
Petty Officer

Post by Vandybird »

Come-on ... I responded to the post immediately in front of my post .... which was about Nick Gonzalez.

& ..... San Diego is a reasonbly good team in 2022 .... as I also posted .... a tough match for the Vandyboys.

Wishing them better luck next season !
Locked Previous topicNext topic