Coach Corbin Post Game

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VandyManners
Lieutenant

Coach Corbin Post Game

Post by VandyManners »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1j0IhrrAt0
Just like all of you I am disappointed in the results of what could have been our 3rd national title. It was hard enough to see our boys not play at the caliber we saw most of the season but to endure the Miss State love fest on TV was nauseatingly hard to watch.

That said, I really want to reflect on Coach Corbins post game. While national titles are fun and exciting, they are fleeting. Once you win one we all celebrate for a little while then it is back to the grind and that celebration is over ever so quick. What Corbs is doing, however, is building men in a way that will impact the world for a lifetime. Building team minded, professionals that will take the field of life and be great community leaders in business and as husbands and fathers.

Thank you Coach for all you do each day. These men will be impacted their entire life with the family and values you promote each day. What a blessing for us as a fan base.

mtnvandy
Captain

Re: Coach Corbin Post Game

Post by mtnvandy »

Very true.
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

Just like all of you I am disappointed in the results of what could have been our 3rd national title. It was hard enough to see our boys not play at the caliber we saw most of the season but to endure the Miss State love fest on TV was nauseatingly hard to watch.
When I first read this, I thought this you were transcribing his press conference and these were his opening comments. I so wish they were!!! :lol:
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

It's about more than baseball. Well said VandyManners.
kommodore
Seaman

Post by kommodore »

If you haven't watched HCTC's full press conference, I highly recommend it. He is (as usual) totally candid, gives full credit to MS for being the better team this week, and points out that VU simply did not play well down the stretch (although he felt the team gave everything they had -- basically just ran out of energy from every aspect). Very touching moment when asked about what it was like to have coached Kumar. HCTC is clearly a class act -- HE is why we are in the hunt just about every year now. Because not only is he an excellent baseball coach, he understands (and teaches) that life is bigger than a game, and that when the kids buy into that concept, it actually HELPS the game and gives the Vandy Boys an edge that other teams may not have.
Last edited by kommodore on Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

UT out.jpg
UT out.jpg (261.8 KiB) Viewed 2553 times
It is his best ever presser and this year was his best ever coaching job because we had a very inexperienced team, injuries like never before and hit the wall in Omaha but somehow were within 1 game of winning it all. Amazing.

See picture I took at the CWS to give us all a laugh.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Here is the link to the postgame press conference - watch the whole thing. It is remarkable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1j0IhrrAt0
Kumar and Corbin are incredible in their answers - this is a classic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic