Congratulations Mississippi State

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Congratulations Mississippi State

Post by dallasdore »

You won, and you deserved it.

Excellent coach, seem like great kids. Rowdey Jordan is a gamer. We needed a player with a spark like his this year.

Welcome to the trophy club.

DS2001
Rear Admiral

Re: Congratulations Mississippi State

Post by DS2001 »

The Bullies lived up to their nickname. They manhandled us. It was over from the time Jack Leiter walked off the mound for the final time Monday night. A well deserved championship for MSU. They lived up to the mantra “it’s not how you’re playing during the season, it how you’re playing at the end that counts.” Coach Lemonis pulled all the right strings and brought them to a crescendo at the perfect time.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

They beat us fair and square - clearly the more hungry team.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was gonna leave early but decided to stay and root on the Vandy Boys. I enjoyed watching the MSU dog pile after the game. I didn't get a very good view of the Vandy dog pile in 2019 even though I had a media pass. It was neat to watch tonight. Good for them, Congratulated a few of them in the stadium and on the way to our parked car. They were all nice. We did see one guy that we had problems with during the first game being taken off the field in handcuffs. He apparently was antagonizing our team or something.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

Outplayed us and deserved the trophy.

Congrats, Dawgs.
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

Very well deserved. Congratulations to State. They clearly played better.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:56 pm I was gonna leave early but decided to stay and root on the Vandy Boys. I enjoyed watching the MSU dog pile after the game. I didn't get a very good view of the Vandy dog pile in 2019 even though I had a media pass. It was neat to watch tonight. Good for them, Congratulated a few of them in the stadium and on the way to our parked car. They were all nice. We did see one guy that we had problems with during the first game being taken off the field in handcuffs. He apparently was antagonizing our team or something.
You’re a class act Don. After what you, your son and all of us endured from the State fans in Omaha, it’s still right to celebrate the team and coaches, who are worthy champs.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Local facts: Coach Chris Lemonis (47) played in college for The Citadel and one assistant played at the College of Charleston. Big story about him in Post and Courier. He is a disciplined coach and relentless recruiter. Looks like MSU has a winner. He actually was born in Starkville and you know he won't be interested in coaching his alma mater so look for him to continue doing a great job at State Maybe he can improve the behavior of some of his fans. He seems to be a superb leader.
fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore »

charlestonalum wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:37 am Maybe he can improve the behavior of some of his fans.
Good luck. We playing there next year? If so hopefully the whistler shows up to that series.
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

We played our worst and they played their best in the last two games. Fair and square. You can argue these are the two best programs in the country right now, and we'll be crossing paths again in the future.
Locked Previous topicNext topic