Monday prediction

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Monday prediction

Post by dallasdore »

Enough of the NC State Halfpack. I'm done with that drama. On to the Finals!

Record picking CWS games so far: 10-3. On to the next one...

Miss State v Vanderbilt. I'm not very confident about this series. They played in a much tougher super regional and CWS bracket (we had E Carolina and two over-rated pac 12 teams in our bracket). They have been clutch all year and better in the Tourney. Our bats are in a coma, although our pitching is holding up surprisingly well, including relievers. I'm also concerned about our baserunning all of a sudden being anti-aggressive, opposite of our approach all season until now. Bradfield hasn't attempted a SB in our 4 games.

I think our best shot to win this series is a 2-0 sweep. If we get to game 3, I think they will go to Bednar and Landon Sims (even if he pitches in game 1 or limited pitches in game 2, he is a gamer). Their 1-4 hitters are ridiculous, and now some of the rest of the lineup is giving them some production.

I'm going to go with Leiter continuing his recent dominance and outdueling Miss States starter. It will come down to us getting some offense going, AND not continuing to make errors. If we can have a decent game at the plate and flawless in the field, we take game 1. But if not, consider my prediction wrong. Vanderbilt over Miss State.

baseball1234
Commander

Re: Monday prediction

Post by baseball1234 »

Well done sir, well done.
Locked Previous topicNext topic