Asked earlier…

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Vufamily
Rear Admiral

Asked earlier…

Post by Vufamily »

But how can nc state get players back tomorrow from Covid protocols? I’m not understanding…please enlighten us.

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: Asked earlier…

Post by MrMemorial »

Enough to where if we play that way again, our season could end.
NateSY
Captain

Post by NateSY »

Vufamily wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:12 pm But how can nc state get players back tomorrow from Covid protocols? I’m not understanding…please enlighten us.
I’m confused about this as well, if they entered protocols today, how could they possibly be cleared tomorrow? The only way I could understand is if they entered after the Monday game, but if that’s true then how was there so much confusion and so many issues today? Granted I’m not familiar with the current Covid rules for baseball.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Bump. Anyone know the rules ?
MountainDore
Lieutenant

Post by MountainDore »

Definitely not an expert, but from what I think I heard earlier, the delay today was so NCSU could do contact tracing. Maybe if the players who did not test positive but were implicated due to contact tracing (apparently the bulk of their holdouts) test negative, they might be allowed to come back. Again, not an expert.
MountainDore
Lieutenant

Post by MountainDore »

MountainDore wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:07 pm Definitely not an expert, but from what I think I heard earlier, the delay today was so NCSU could do contact tracing. Maybe if the players who did not test positive but were implicated due to contact tracing (apparently the bulk of their holdouts) test negative, they might be allowed to come back. Again, not an expert.
Okay, just talked to an expert (team doc for another NCAA school). According to NCAA COVID rules, once you’re held out under COVID protocols, whether for a positive test or because of contact tracing, you’re out. Not sure for how long, but you won’t be back the next day. So sounds like it might even get worse (which might help explain why NCSU wanted to play today rather than forfeit and play for tomorrow).
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Apparently, they disqualified all players who were not vaccinated. Some of those technically may not have been exposed (some how). They can test them tomorrow and they still may be negative, but then positive on Monday. At least from what I understand.
MountainDore
Lieutenant

Post by MountainDore »

commadore wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:35 pm Apparently, they disqualified all players who were not vaccinated. Some of those technically may not have been exposed (some how). They can test them tomorrow and they still may be negative, but then positive on Monday. At least from what I understand.
Presumably contact tracing is like what they used for March Madness, and is electronic. https://www.wfmynews2.com/amp/article/n ... 8a748163fb
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

commadore wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:35 pm Apparently, they disqualified all players who were not vaccinated. Some of those technically may not have been exposed (some how). They can test them tomorrow and they still may be negative, but then positive on Monday. At least from what I understand.
Is anyone else surprised that all (or nearly all) players haven't been vaccinated? My thought is that the universities would have promoted or at least strongly suggested this measure so that this type of occurrence wasn't as likely. If NC State can't compete for a CWS championship after what they have gone through with the Arkansas series and the earlier game with Vanderbilt because some guys haven't been vaccinated, that doesn't make sense to me.
MountainDore
Lieutenant

Post by MountainDore »

MountainDore wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:24 pm
MountainDore wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:07 pm Definitely not an expert, but from what I think I heard earlier, the delay today was so NCSU could do contact tracing. Maybe if the players who did not test positive but were implicated due to contact tracing (apparently the bulk of their holdouts) test negative, they might be allowed to come back. Again, not an expert.
Okay, just talked to an expert (team doc for another NCAA school). According to NCAA COVID rules, once you’re held out under COVID protocols, whether for a positive test or because of contact tracing, you’re out. Not sure for how long, but you won’t be back the next day. So sounds like it might even get worse (which might help explain why NCSU wanted to play today rather than forfeit and play for tomorrow).
Yep, got worse. Likely more positives (or maybe just one more, and the contact tracing for that one took them below the minimum).
Locked Previous topicNext topic