Wotta game

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

PeteFox
Vice Admiral

Wotta game

Post by PeteFox »

Who’s their #2 pitcher? Surely not as good as Williams. Who was phenomenal. Fortunately our best was better than their best. Both guys probably made a couple of million extra dollars with this game. What is the MLB draft order, and when is it?

Congrats to the Vandyboys!

commadore
Admiral

Re: Wotta game

Post by commadore »

#2 not a slouch. He is either 6-1 or 5-1 with something like a 3.5 era. Still, we have Leiter. :)
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

Whisenhunt. He’s a good lefty and we don’t really hit quality southpaws, so we need Leiter to have his A game like Rocker did. They did say that Whisenhunt doesn’t go very deep into games (averages 5 2/3 innings), so there’s that.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

It was a hell of a game. It seemed early on we got some favorable pitching calls to kind of make up for SEC umps, but a very cleanly played game with great pitching. Both innings we scored involved bunts I think. Small ball won and that is what it will take in Omaha. We should be able to win one more to get to Omaha
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

I was at game and it was HOT. One think I thought Corbs would do in I believe the 6th inning. We had a runner on 1st and 3rd with one out in a 1-0 game. I thought that Corbs would call a suicide squeeze play and score the run. Instead he let batter hit away and he hit into DP ending the inning.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Yeah, the pitcher doesn't deflect that ball it is a hit up the middle and another run is in.

Tomorrow's pitcher is Carson Whisenhunt. He has a 3.52 ERA and a 6-1 record. He has started 11 games, but has only 53.2 innings, so what the other poster said is true. He averages just under 5 innings.
He has given up 42 hits and 23 runs, 18 walks and 72 Ks (which is impressive).
mtnvandy
Captain

Easy to Support VU BSBSL

Post by mtnvandy »

I think I have added a dozen Floridians to the VU Bsbl bandwagon the last couple weeks.

i never hear anything, nada, negative re CTC et al.

David Price was prbbly the most admired TB Ray ever- so that is how many local sports fans were intro’d to Coach T Corbin’s program

#Omaha21
Locked Previous topicNext topic