Final: Arkansas 6, UThug 5

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Final: Arkansas 6, UThug 5

Post by admin »

:D

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: Final: Arkansas 6, UThug 5

Post by charlestonalum »

Misery loves company. Razorbacks playing good ball while we swoon or so it seems
DS2001
Rear Admiral

Post by DS2001 »

Tenn. wins the Saturday game 7-5 on a walk off 3 homer. I know I’ll be pillaged for saying this, but right now, the Vawls are better than Vandy. They are for sure a better hitting team. They get aggressive in the batters box. Vitello is a good coach and is pulling the right strings. Hope we can get out our late season swoon soon.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

I think so, too, despite the result of series a month ago. I look at comparisons, though i realize those have limitations. UT is 1-1 at home against #1 Arky, VU 0-1 away against #18. UT beat Top 10 UF 2-1 the same weekend VU lost 1-2 Against unranked UGa. Plus, UT will end the day in sole possession of 1st SECE.

(I can hear it now: "What's that? Why don't i just go be a UT fan then?")
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

Did anyone see in Game 2 of the series when Arkansas’ Franklin smacked a home run and stood at home plate and watched it go over the fence and then slowly trotted across the bases? UT fans were booing big time. Even the announcers criticized him for that.

Later in the game a UT batter hit a deep fly ball and stood there and watched it and it wasn’t a home run! It smacked off the right field fence! The Arkansas outfielder retrieved it and fired it to first but the throw wasn’t on target and the UT batter barely avoided getting thrown out.

And Van Horn and Vitelio got into an argument after Game 3. They were not happy with each other. Vitelio used to be an assistant under Van Horn so that is interesting.
Locked Previous topicNext topic