LOB

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

LOB

Post by Go Vandy! »

This team may have other problems, but # LOB seems really high.

DivergentDore
Commander

Re: LOB

Post by DivergentDore »

UGA stuck to blueprint of tossing off-speed stuff even in hitters counts which put lots of our guys on base and could have been more had they not missed on swings so often. Pitchers don't mind walking a batter when the next guy up will whiff by a foot on a 1-2 curve.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

DivergentDore wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:25 pm UGA stuck to blueprint of tossing off-speed stuff even in hitters counts which put lots of our guys on base and could have been more had they not missed on swings so often. Pitchers don't mind walking a batter when the next guy up will whiff by a foot on a 1-2 curve.
I was only able to watch about 1/2 of the entire series, but this sounds like a very accurate description of what I saw. I really don't recall GA pitchers throwing many fastballs at all, or even that many sliders, but LOTS of off-speed, big breaking balls, and I don't recall Vandy hitters squaring up on any of them. Great scouting if GA did this on purpose, and over 3 full games, you gotta believe it was on purpose.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Did I read correctly that we had 42 total strikeouts for the series? With 81 available outs for the weekend, that seems like a lot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic