Looking at the d1baseball projected Field of 64 ...

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

Looking at the d1baseball projected Field of 64 ...

Post by Versus75 »

... I'm wondering how the Big 10 could get 4-5 teams into the "Dance" when they only play each other. To date, Nebraska is ahead of the pack with Michigan, Ohio State and Indiana -- all recent NCAA tournament entries -- close behind.

No team can prove that it could beat any team outside of the Big 10, yet the d1baseball.com projection has Iowa (currently 9-9) sitting in the "First Three Out" position.

https://d1baseball.com/projections/mids ... eld-of-64/

Have you seen this crazy 44-game Big 10 conference-only schedule? The conference has 13 teams (Wisconsin has been opting out since long before the Virus) and no divisions, yet the schedule is more unbalanced than the Tower of Pisa.

Indiana, for example, plays Ohio State 6 times while playing only 3 games each against 7 other Big 10 teams. Traditional foe Purdue, a few miles north along I-65, does not get a home-and-home versus Indiana.

And some of the games are played in mini-pods with a host team and two others. Expect a big crowd on the last day of the season as Penn State plays Minnesota at West Lafayette, Indiana.

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Re: Looking at the d1baseball projected Field of 64 ...

Post by dallasdore »

It's simple: the big ten is annually either an over-rated conference or a highly over-rated conference in all sports. Every year. Period.

I loved gloating back to all the idiots who told me I was stupid to pick against all the big ten teams in march madness.
Locked Previous topicNext topic