I'm Over This Tix Policy

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

cjdore
Fleet Admiral

I'm Over This Tix Policy

Post by cjdore »

Watching this weekends games at LSU with 5k fans in the seats and VU still restricting our #1 team to family and a "small group of season tix holders" is a CRIME!!!!! Let us in......NOW!!!! I have a buddy and fellow Vandy alum coming in this weekend for golf and baseball. It appears that the only live baseball will be on roof of parking garage!!!

vutrain
Commander

Re: I'm Over This Tix Policy

Post by vutrain »

cjdore wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 am Watching this weekends games at LSU with 5k fans in the seats and VU still restricting our #1 team to family and a "small group of season tix holders" is a CRIME!!!!! Let us in......NOW!!!! I have a buddy and fellow Vandy alum coming in this weekend for golf and baseball. It appears that the only live baseball will be on roof of parking garage!!!
AMEN!! 10x over. The Hawk holds 3700 and they are allowing no more than 250-300 people in the entire park for a game. I have won only one ticket lottery this year and it was in the outfield (section "O) for a mid-week game. There were only 21 people in the entire section and there was not a person sitting within 40-45' from my wife and me. A thrown hand grenade in the middle of the section would not have kill anyone.

To repeat the above statement: Let us in......NOW!!!!
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

You could sit next to the one that you come with and have 3 seats between you and the next guests and would be fine. I think most would even agree to wear these useless masks that according to CDC gives us a whopping 2% advantage against Covid. Wake up VU!!!! We can do better!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Being out in the open air makes it a lot safer than being inside.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
ChattaDore
Rear Admiral

Post by ChattaDore »

Like a liberal college, live with liberal rules. Meanwhile, in GA, I’ve been in a packed out high school basketball gym 15 times through the winter, 11 HS football games in a full pressbox and stadium, 9 HS and 7 MS soccer games with more than 250 fans in a “stadium” that holds 300 maybe and 4 HS Baseball games at max capacity and guess what... no “super-spreader”. Masks may work 2% more than no mask but it’s time to live without fear folks. Don’t come at me with “but you’re hurting others”... BS. Stay home if you’re scared of dying. Wash your hands. Don’t kiss or hug on folks and stop sucking your thumb. Open the gates.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

I watched a replay of a S.Carolina game the other day and it looked like there were 5000 people in the out field.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

Is this a Vandy thing or a Nashville thing?

I'm all vaxxed up and ready to watch these generational talents take the mound before they're gone.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

Meanwhile, the coffee shop is closed, but this thread is going strong...
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Commodoredave wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:26 am Is this a Vandy thing or a Nashville thing?

I'm all vaxxed up and ready to watch these generational talents take the mound before they're gone.
As mention in another thread, Nashville has opened venues up to 2,000!
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

Some of the clamoring for opening up more/flood gates opening on here is what it is. The conclusion isn't necessarily wrong, but the path there I disagree with. There really should be more people in the stands. Being outside is pretty safe. Implement some reasonable distancing measures which would call for at least 1,000 people at the games, but you could probably do a couple thousand and be pretty safe. I think you really only need two seats in between people. The issue you have to work through is crowding when people are heading into and out of the stadium. But that isn't a huge problem. It can be solved.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

I sent AD Lee an email to state similar thoughts. I told her we should at least be able to seat 1500. I would encourage all of you to do likewise. They are not going to change unless we ask them to do so.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

vandy05 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:38 pm The issue you have to work through is crowding when people are heading into and out of the stadium. But that isn't a huge problem. It can be solved.
And restrooms/concession stands.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

cjdore wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 am Watching this weekends games at LSU with 5k fans in the seats and VU still restricting our #1 team to family and a "small group of season tix holders" is a CRIME!!!!! Let us in......NOW!!!! I have a buddy and fellow Vandy alum coming in this weekend for golf and baseball. It appears that the only live baseball will be on roof of parking garage!!!
Goodness, I really felt safe last night. The closest person sitting near to my wife and I (section Q in the outfield) was 55' away from us. There were only 6 people in the entire section with us and by my questimate, no more than 300 people in the entire stadium. We were forced to wear a mask while seated in an outdoor venue, 50+ feet from any other breathing visitor.

Goodness VU wake up! Do you think the NCAA will allow a Regional or Super to be held in a stadium you are only allowing 300 people to attend?
Locked Previous topicNext topic