Tixs for weekend games

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vutrain
Commander

Tixs for weekend games

Post by vutrain »

As of 11:00 this morning (Friday) the ticket office is still working on getting tickets to those who requested them Wed or yesterday.

They were supposed to notify us by this morning but apparently are running behind.

commadore
Admiral

Re: Tixs for weekend games

Post by commadore »

They will have them by Saturday.
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

commadore wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:32 pm They will have them by Saturday.
Or Monday
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

They refused me tickets at about 12:30. Turning on the computer to watch and there are not 200 people in the entire park. No one in right field at all and only a few people in left and the infield.
What the heck is Vandy's Colvid policy, sit one person every 80'?
DonJohnVUfan
Seaman Recruit

Post by DonJohnVUfan »

Not sure what the "Colvid" policy is.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

You’re seats are in the car on the top level of the 25th Avenue Garage.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

Versus75 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:29 pm You’re seats are in the car on the top level of the 25th Avenue Garage.
Yep, that is where I watched both last Sunday's games but it is a same the place was 5% full today and no one was allowed to come in.
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

I have tickets for Saturday. Will be there.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

And yet the whistler somehow got tickets.
Last edited by commadore on Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

KudzuLeague wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:20 pm I have tickets for Saturday. Will be there.
Did they tell you anything about the process? For example:

How many season ticket holders applied.
How many were approved.
Does that take you off the list for a few weeks or are your odds the same next time regardless.
How many students were allowed in.

Then did you get an assigned seat? The reason I ask is I wonder if they are being responsible about the old Social Distancing once you get in. We saw students bunched in left field rather than spread throughout the outfield.

I still get the feeling that this is more for optics ("We're fighting the disease by keeping you folks at home!") than for realistic medical purposes.

In my opinion, students and fans should have priority over scouts. Sure, the scouts are important to our team. But then these are (mostly) guys who have been all over the region or country, using public transportation, and being exposed to all sorts of Covid risks.

Cincinnati sold a reported 2,000 tickets to the 12,000 seat Fifth Third Arena for Thursday's Men's Basketball game. But according to TV views there was one section of students at about 95 percent capacity. Most, but not all, were wearing masks. Those who were not -- in the scene I saw -- were not demasking to take a swig of soda.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

commadore wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:19 pm And het the whistler somehow got tickets.
That was Jeff not Preacher at Friday's game.
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

I do not know the stats on how many people in which categories applied. Our group sent in our request, with an order of preference between the three games, and we got the game we asked for. We had assigned seats and were told to stay in those seats. There was practically no one in the outfield, so when the sun went behind Dudley field we moved out there. There's a white tent on the third base side, such that in section L you cannot see either the scoreboad or the left fielder, so that probably needs to be taken down.

Great day. Rocker didn't have great control. But was so nice to be back in the Hawk. Also in the fifth inning a red-tail hawk flew low over the stadium and I couldn't help wondering if it were Charlie Hawkins checking in for a view of what he helped build. Great man.
Locked Previous topicNext topic