Projected lineup

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Projected lineup

Post by GooseJones15 »

Left field- Davis
Center Kolywk/ Bradfield
Right Thomas/ Lavene
3b-Gonza/Noland
Short--Young
2b Vaz
1b Keegan
C Rodriguez, Romero
This is based on observations Sunday at black & gold

PinkFloyd
Lieutenant

Re: Projected lineup

Post by PinkFloyd »

Here's my stab
Starting pitchers weekend, Rocker, Leiter, Smith
Starting pitchers weekday, Riley, Owen, Bradley
Bullpen weekend, Fisher, Hliboki, Doolin, Schultz, McElvain
Closer Murphy

Field:
Catcher CJ
1st Domnic
2nd Tate
3rd Jason / Parker
SS Young
LF Cooper
CF EJB
RF Thomas
DH Marero
GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Post by GooseJones15 »

What about Hugh Fisher?
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

PinkFloyd wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm Here's my stab
Starting pitchers weekend, Rocker, Leiter, Smith
Starting pitchers weekday, Riley, Owen, Bradley
Bullpen weekend, Fisher, Hliboki, Doolin, Schultz, McElvain
Closer Murphy

Field:
Catcher CJ
1st Domnic
2nd Tate
3rd Jason / Parker
SS Young
LF Cooper
CF EJB
RF Thomas
DH Marero
Pink- is Tate back on the IF? I know he was a SS in high school. Looks like he is a good breakout candidate with more reps.
PinkFloyd
Lieutenant

Post by PinkFloyd »

I can tell you unless something drastic happens the outfield is set. Davis, Bradfield Thomas

But Kolywk is hitting well and and can play 2nd or SS. You hit they will find you a spot. And on this team they will have to hit. Pitching on the top is special, probably best rotation in college baseball ..... Thomas, Keegan, Kolywk, can hit, Bradfield has world class speed that's not an exaggeration

Murphy looked very good, Fish needs some more time from TJ , he will get it back in time....... freshman pitching shows promise in short stints, soph pitching for weekend BP and weekday Should be a good team... my SEC prediction due to schedule, 22-8 Pitching should carry them to CWS
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I agree that Kolwyck might return to the infield to keep his bat in the lineup. Might try Gonzo at 2B to sometimes have him and Noland playing together.

All of the catchers are good hitters. Might need to play with 3 DHs.
CPerk
Lieutenant

Post by CPerk »

I played against Kolwyck in high school and can't over state how good he is. He played on the same travel ball team as Drew Benefield, who is also off the charts good, and started over him at shortstop. Kolwyck will have a huge year if he gets the chance. Also played with Matt Hogan at Vandy camp years ago, he's unbelievably good as well. Had to hit against Rocker when we were 15 or so, was really good at the time but took off as of late. He was probably 6ft tall when he was 12. Also hit against Mcelvain and Hickman in highschool. Kind of rambling, but hard to express how good these players are. Obviously everyone on this forum knows Vanderbilt baseball players are good, but they're so good it's almost like they're robots. Baseball is the hardest sport in the world, and these guys make it look simple. Just scary how good they are.
Locked Previous topicNext topic