Commodores in the Pros [Fantasy Baseball version]

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MountainDore
Lieutenant

Commodores in the Pros [Fantasy Baseball version]

Post by MountainDore »

I think it’s great to see the lists of VU players in the majors/minors, and now in the playoffs, but it would be equally impressive to see a list of those players now in the majors who were committed to Vanderbilt but chose to play professional ball instead. Just in the Braves organization you have Ian Anderson and Touki, at least. Also Justus Sheffield with the Mariners and I’m sure many others. Hard to imagine that the 2019 team could have won more games, but if Anderson is one of your starters, who knows? Anyone have a good list of commits we lost to the draft in the Corbin era?

commadore
Admiral

Re: Commodores in the Pros [Fantasy Baseball version]

Post by commadore »

MountainDore wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:34 pm I think it’s great to see the lists of VU players in the majors/minors, and now in the playoffs, but it would be equally impressive to see a list of those players now in the majors who were committed to Vanderbilt but chose to play professional ball instead. Just in the Braves organization you have Ian Anderson and Touki, at least. Also Justus Sheffield with the Mariners and I’m sure many others. Hard to imagine that the 2019 team could have won more games, but if Anderson is one of your starters, who knows? Anyone have a good list of commits we lost to the draft in the Corbin era?
Can you imagine our pitching lineup had Anderson come to Vandy?
Versus75
Admiral

Re: Potential Commodores in the Pros

Post by Versus75 »

If the Dodgers don't at least tie (if only temporarily) tonight's game (currently top of the 5th inning) a former Vanderbilt commit could get the Win while Walker Buehler takes the loss.

Ryan Weathers was drafted no. 7 overall in 2018, went from Rookie/Class A in 2018, Class A in 2019, and the Alternate Training roster of the San Diego Padres in 2020. Then he made his MLB debut in the postseason tonight.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... athe001rya
Locked Previous topicNext topic