Florida Summer League allowing fans - Two 'Dores playing

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DoreZag
Captain

Florida Summer League allowing fans - Two 'Dores playing

Post by DoreZag »

Well, it looks like I might get a little bit of a baseball fix this summer after all. The Florida Collegiate Summer League is allowing reduced attendance (with precautions) for the rest of its games. There are two VandyBoys in action - Sophomore Maxwell Romero, Jr. and Freshman Grayson Moore. The Florida Summer League traditionally gets very few fans so I'm not concerned with not being able to social distance. It will be nice to get outside, watch some competitive baseball, eat a hot dog, and cheer on some 'Dores.

commadore
Admiral

Re: Florida Summer League allowing fans - Two 'Dores playing

Post by commadore »

Lucky sucker. If I want to watch baseball, I have to watch the neighbor's kids' T-ball games.
Versus75
Admiral

Re: Two 'Dores playing

Post by Versus75 »

I asked about Romero in another thread. He did not participate in a single 2020 official game, so he should be a redshirt freshman in 2021.

Romero did not play in the Oklahoma State scrimmage, but he DID play in at least one of the November Black-Gold games. I couldn’t find box scores a recap said he hit a home run in the opener.
DoreZag
Captain

Re: Florida Summer League allowing fans - Two 'Dores playing

Post by DoreZag »

And now due to Florida's astronomical confirmed virus increase over the past week fans will not be allowed at these games after all. However, they have announced a new live-streaming deal. Whoda thunk I would want to watch live-streaming for a college wood bat league.
Versus75
Admiral

Re: Florida Summer League - Two 'Dores playing

Post by Versus75 »

Moore is listed as OF/RHP on the Sanford River Rats. Romero is a catcher for the Seminole County Snappers.
Players fill out their own bios; Romero is listed as a sophomore at Vanderbilt.

The 27-game season is scheduled to start Monday, June 29.

http://floridaleague.com/view/fcsl/
Versus75
Admiral

Re Grayson Moore

Post by Versus75 »

perfectgame.org lists him as the no. 19 OF in the Class of 2020. Many of this ahead of him have/will sign pro contracts.
Last night, Moore did not bat but got the win as a pitcher: 2.0 IP, 0 hits, 0 walks, 0 runs, 5 strikeouts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic