"Vanderbilt Outlasts Oklahoma State"

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

"Vanderbilt Outlasts Oklahoma State"

Post by Good2BGold »

From VUCommodores.com:

Vanderbilt Outlasts Oklahoma State

commadore
Admiral

Re: "Vanderbilt Outlasts Oklahoma State"

Post by commadore »

that is weird. When I clicked on stats earlier, it showed something entirely different with a score of 13-5. If you look at the link on the Inpactful trip thread, it shows that score. It too came from vucomodores.com. If you click on that link now from vucommodores.com, it gives what you have above.
Either way, we won. Cool.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

commadore wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:23 pm that is weird. When I clicked on stats earlier, it showed something entirely different with a score of 13-5.
I thought you were joking, commadore, when you wrote in the other thread something along the lines of "a bunch of players I've never heard of."

The link to THAT "Live" Stats still takes you to an old Rockhurst Hawks game. The current "Final Statistics" link shows a page with one game, 16-inning year-to-date stats.

I would still like to see an actual box score which would show:
Who started, who played what position, attendance, etc.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Versus75 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:49 pm
commadore wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:23 pm that is weird. When I clicked on stats earlier, it showed something entirely different with a score of 13-5.
I thought you were joking, commadore, when you wrote in the other thread something along the lines of "a bunch of players I've never heard of."

The link to THAT "Live" Stats still takes you to an old Rockhurst Hawks game. The current "Final Statistics" link shows a page with one game, 16-inning year-to-date stats.

Here you go. It doesn't have all the info you wanted, but it does give batting, pitching, and fielding stats:

Final Statistics
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Good2BGold wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:21 am

Here you go. It doesn't have all the info you wanted, but it does give batting, pitching, and fielding stats:

Final Statistics
Weird, but according to the stats, neither Austin Martin nor Cooper Davis nor Ty Duvall nor Isaiah Thomas nor Mason Hickman played.
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

Did John Malcom transfer as well?
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Good2BGold wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:25 am

Final Statistics
Weird, but according to the stats, neither Austin Martin nor Cooper Davis nor Ty Duvall nor Isaiah Thomas nor Mason Hickman played.
It shows Davis had a putout.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Ndorefin wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Good2BGold wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:25 am

Final Statistics
It shows Davis had a putout.
Good eye. I didn't look at the fielding stats. Odd that he wouldn't have had at least one at bat.
Versus75
Admiral

Re: Vanderbilt player stats

Post by Versus75 »

The stats also lists two games played (2 8-inning games?). Cooper Davis started one game and, I suppose played in the field briefly. Perhaps he was injured. An actual box score or the promised "Live Stats" would have helped.

The roster on vucommodores.com lists 20 returning players, but Malcom is not among them. I thought last year that he had the best potential as a batter among the freshmen.

Some other items I gleaned:

*Freshman catcher C.J. Rodriguez started one game, obviously as catcher because he recorded 9 putouts.

*Dominic Keegan started two games, so one was likely as DH.

*Ten batters and eight pitchers who played Saturday were either freshmen or participated very little as frosh for the 2019 'Dores (fewer than 5 AB or 4 IP).

*Freshman Spencer Jones is listed by perfectgame.org as P/1B/OF but primarily "a pitcher now." However, he played in the field and went 3-for-8 with a walk.

*Freshman Nick Maldonado is listed by perfectgame.org as SS/RHP/3B and pitched 1.0 inning. "Fastball topped out at 92 mph."

*Freshman Chris McElvain is listed by perfectgame.org as SS/RHP/3B and pitched 1.0 inning. "Fastball ... has been up to 91 mph...."

It appears as though, once again, we have players who can be used in multiple positions as needed. Let's bring on Michigan!
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

I was quite surprised that Spencer Jones was hitting instead of pitching.
Good to see Leiter with 4k in 2ip vs live competition.
Locked Previous topicNext topic