Details released for Nov. 10 Michigan exhibition game

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Details released for Nov. 10 Michigan exhibition game

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

https://vucommodores.com/david-williams-fall-classic/

The Nov. 10 exhibition between Vanderbilt and Michigan has been named the David Williams Fall Classic, honoring the late Vanderbilt vice chancellor for athletics and university affairs and athletics director while promoting diversity and inclusion. First pitch is set for 10 a.m. from Hawkins Field and admission is free.

Vanderbilt worked closely with Nike, Music City Baseball and the Negro League Baseball Museum to develop uniforms which pay tribute to Nashville’s rich and diverse baseball tradition. The Commodores will participate as the Nashville Stars while Michigan will compete as the Detroit Stars, both former Negro Major League teams.

lidore12
Ensign

Re: Details released for Nov. 10 Michigan exhibition game

Post by lidore12 »

Frankly, this sounds awesome. I'm very glad they are doing this and I wish it would be broadcasted or something. I have three thoughts:

1. It's good it's free, but is there any rule against charging a small admission fee and donating it to charity?
2. Does it have to start at 10 a.m.? Seems a little early, especially on a Sunday when people might be at church or something.

3. I may be overly sensitive, but is it at all weird that the school "worked closely with...Music City Baseball..." when Tim Corbin and Malcolm Turner are baseball and strategic advisors, respectively, to that organization? I'm not making any accusations, it just kind of itches me the wrong way.
FrontDore
Ensign

Post by FrontDore »

Have they said what time the gates will open?
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

lidore12 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:16 pm Frankly, this sounds awesome. I'm very glad they are doing this and I wish it would be broadcasted or something. I have three thoughts:

1. It's good it's free, but is there any rule against charging a small admission fee and donating it to charity?
2. Does it have to start at 10 a.m.? Seems a little early, especially on a Sunday when people might be at church or something.

3. I may be overly sensitive, but is it at all weird that the school "worked closely with...Music City Baseball..." when Tim Corbin and Malcolm Turner are baseball and strategic advisors, respectively, to that organization? I'm not making any accusations, it just kind of itches me the wrong way.
I guess you could make a donation to some charity yourself without trying make others do such. You must love to complain!
lidore12
Ensign

Post by lidore12 »

thefan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:58 pm I guess you could make a donation to some charity yourself without trying make others do such. You must love to complain!
Not a bad idea, I think I'll send a few bucks to the Negro League Baseball Museum.

Oh, and they moved up the start time to noon from 10am. I guess squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Locked Previous topicNext topic