Where is our Coke Bottle?!

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DoreZag
Captain

Where is our Coke Bottle?!

Post by DoreZag »

Okay, I'm venting, but after two national championships you would think we could get a collector Coke bottle somehow. I mean, c'mon, half the South collects Coke memorabilia (yes, I'm one of them) and we don't get a sniff. I just went to ebay and typed in "Vanderbilt Coke" in Sports Memorabilia and nothing comes up (although on occasion you will see a mid 60's Bill Wade Coke bottle cap with his picture on the underside of the cap) . Heck, I would even buy a Pepsi bottle if it had our championship on it. Rant over.

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Where is our Coke Bottle?!

Post by Versus75 »

I think most of that is local. When I was a kid in New Jersey, had I been a New Giants (football) fan I could have collected an entire set of Giants player pics on the underside of Coca-Cola caps.

Probably should send your rant to the local bottling company.

P.S. The Bill Wade cap must have come from Chicago during his reign as Bears starting QB 1961-1964.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Mitch Light talking to a Coke guy before the game, who said the commemorative Coke bottle is on the way-

'19 FB bottle https://www.cokestore.com/vanderbilt-coca-cola-bottle
DoreZag
Captain

Post by DoreZag »

Go Vandy! wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:46 pm Mitch Light talking to a Coke guy before the game, who said the commemorative Coke bottle is on the way-

'19 FB bottle https://www.cokestore.com/vanderbilt-coca-cola-bottle
Great news, thanks!
Locked Previous topicNext topic