Mercy Rule

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Mercy Rule

Post by geeznotagain »

It's pretty cool to be on hand for a game when your team wins by the mercy rule. It's not something that you see everyday, so a lot of fans don't now the rule exists. For obvious reasons, there were more AU fans than Vandy fans present at last night's game. And when the Dores went up by 10 in the bottom of the 8th, my wife and I got up right away (to beat the rush and the traffic), while most of the Auburn fans stayed put. I think they were clueless about the rule. They looked stunned and bewildered as the teams left the field. What's happening?? Of course they looked pretty stunned throughout most of the game anyway.

I think I remember being at the Hoover Met several years back when we got mercy ruled by someone, I think it was UGA. No fun. very humbling.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Mercy Rule

Post by Titans309fan »

It's good that the rule exists. The game was way too long to begin with (over 3 hours), so any time cut short helps. It also helps getting the next game going at a reasonable time.
DoreZag
Captain

Post by DoreZag »

And the SEC needs to do what some of the minor leagues are now doing - if the game goes into extra innings put a runner on 2nd base at the start of the inning. Last night's late game was ridiculous.
StarTraveler
Commander

Post by StarTraveler »

DoreZag wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:12 pm And the SEC needs to do what some of the minor leagues are now doing - if the game goes into extra innings put a runner on 2nd base at the start of the inning.
Hmm, I didn’t know they did that. I bet it makes an interesting entry in the record book!
goodtimes05
Ensign

Post by goodtimes05 »

If you got up with your wife to leave and beat the traffic, then how were you there to witness the Auburn fans be dumbfounded after the fact?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

goodtimes05 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:08 pm If you got up with your wife to leave and beat the traffic, then how were you there to witness the Auburn fans be dumbfounded after the fact?
If you have never been, it is a Big stadium and a HUGE parking lot. Would have had time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic