NCAA.com: We picked Vanderbilt baseball's all-time starting nine

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Re: NCAA.com: We picked Vanderbilt baseball's all-time starting nine

Post by Commodoredave »

It's an interesting piece. I'm probably like a lot of you who don't really remember VU baseball before Corbin, but I saw Thomas rake when I was in school, and I remember Hunter Bledsoe for sure.

Peeples is a stretch even with gaudy numbers. I'd actually go with Fulmer over Price there with the tiebreaker being Game 3 of the championship. Also, no way I could leave Bryan Reynolds off this list. The guy hit and was a plus defender from day 1.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Re: NCAA.com: We picked Vanderbilt baseball's all-time starting nine

Post by Good2BGold »

Commodoredave wrote:It's an interesting piece. I'm probably like a lot of you who don't really remember VU baseball before Corbin, but I saw Thomas rake when I was in school, and I remember Hunter Bledsoe for sure.

Peeples is a stretch even with gaudy numbers. I'd actually go with Fulmer over Price there with the tiebreaker being Game 3 of the championship. Also, no way I could leave Bryan Reynolds off this list. The guy hit and was a plus defender from day 1.
I saw Peeples pitch and he was a stud. An automobile accident when he was in the minors resulted in a career-ending shoulder injury. Not sure I would rank him above Price, but I would rank him above Fulmer.

Here's some more info on him:

Jeff Peeples (Baseball, 1970-1973)

Jeff Peeples Still the Greatest 35 Years Later
Locked Previous topicNext topic