SEC Baseball's Top 40 Returning Players for 2019

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

SEC Baseball's Top 40 Returning Players for 2019

Post by admin »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Re: SEC Baseball's Top 40 Returning Players for 2019

Post by VUaskew »

Pat DeMarco should be on that list as well.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

Honestly, 4 is a low number, but I see a lot of talent on that 40 man list. I'd be willing to make a significant wager that we have more than 4 on the postseason list. Clarke, Raby, Demarco, and a slew of freshmen are ready to make some noise.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Don, who compiled this list, do you know?
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Commodoredave wrote:Honestly, 4 is a low number, but I see a lot of talent on that 40 man list. I'd be willing to make a significant wager that we have more than 4 on the postseason list. Clarke, Raby, Demarco, and a slew of freshmen are ready to make some noise.
I seem to remember that Raby had some injury problem last year. Do I remember that correctly, and if so is he 100% now? Also curious if you thought Rocker would be in the weekend rotation by year-end
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Every poll out either has VU or LSU at ##1 and 2. Every poll. Yet LSU has TWO on the list and we have FOUR. Meanwhile, Arkansas and Auburn (# 18 and # 17 respectively) have 5 on the list. So does MSU (ranked 13th). Arkansas has ## 5, 7, 10, 13, and 15. Yet there are SEVEN SEC teams ranked ahead of them? Really? Does that mean the rest of the team simply sucks, that the coach is horrible, or that this list is bogus. I am going with three. Auburn also has five on the list, yet they are ranked 17th. IF this list is accurate, it seems Arkansas should be #1, Auburn #2, and MSU about # 5. Sorry, either this list is nuts or these teams have some real problems elsewhere.
Also, LSU has only the 36th and 39th best players, yet they are ranked either #1 or #2? Their coach must be the best in the world.
Oh well, in 23 days we will start to see who is best.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

geeznotagain wrote:
Commodoredave wrote:Honestly, 4 is a low number, but I see a lot of talent on that 40 man list. I'd be willing to make a significant wager that we have more than 4 on the postseason list. Clarke, Raby, Demarco, and a slew of freshmen are ready to make some noise.
I seem to remember that Raby had some injury problem last year. Do I remember that correctly, and if so is he 100% now? Also curious if you thought Rocker would be in the weekend rotation by year-end
Corbin has not typically started freshmen, and this staff is supposedly as deep as any. Rocker isn't a typical freshman, however, and he did get a start in the Okie State series.

I saw another list of the top 50 prospects in each class, and that's where you see the incredible depth. There are several guys who can't crack our lineup or rotation who are projected to be drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds over the next few years. We have had our share of big talents who weren't polished enough to make a dent in our team before being drafted highly, but the pure depth of potential is in line with the very best Vandy rosters.
Locked Previous topicNext topic