Ciaja Declares for WNBA Draft

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Ciaja Declares for WNBA Draft

Post by MikeADore »

There's no doubt she can make a living playing basketball, if not in the U.S. then in Europe. I think only about a dozen players from last year's draft actually made a WNBA roster. There are only 12 teams with strict roster limitations, so it's hard to unseat those veteran players. Wishing Ciaja the best of luck. She had a truly memorable season.

Her goodbye message to fans is a great one.

AD*

[tweet][/tweet]

Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Re: Ciaja Declares for WNBA Draft

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

MikeADore wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:04 am There's no doubt she can make a living playing basketball, if not in the U.S. then in Europe. I think only about a dozen players from last year's draft actually made a WNBA roster. There are only 12 teams with strict roster limitations, so it's hard to unseat those veteran players. Wishing Ciaja the best of luck. She had a truly memorable season.

Her goodbye message to fans is a great one.

AD*

[tweet][/tweet]
Could she have returned? I didn’t think she had any eligibility left.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

No, she has no eligibility left. Players still have to formally declare for the WNBA draft, though, so teams will know exactly who is available.
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

MikeADore wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:10 pm No, she has no eligibility left. Players still have to formally declare for the WNBA draft, though, so teams will know exactly who is available.
OK, thanks for the explanation.
Locked Previous topicNext topic