OT MSU 91 UT 90 F/2OT

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

OT MSU 91 UT 90 F/2OT

Post by Go Vandy! »

surprised no one's mentioned this

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: OT MSU 91 UT 90 F/2OT

Post by Go Vandy! »

Hel-lo! (Hel-lo, hel-lo, hel-lo). Anyone out there? (No, no , no, no)
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

UT outcoached. We are so fortunate to have CSR & her chosen staff- they do get the max out of available talent! Hope ut keeps CKH.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Weird game. Mississippi State missed five or six free throws in the overtimes and still somehow won the game.

It was a couple days of strange games starting with Georgia shooting 67 percent to whip us. I can't remember ever seeing a team make every shot in a quarter, but Georgia was 11 for 11 until a 25-foot last-second heave to end the first quarter missed.

The oddest, though, was Auburn's loss to Arkansas. Auburn was down one with 7 seconds left and taking the ball out on the sideline. An Auburn player broke to the basket, and Arkansas' Poffenbarger panicked and grabbed her jersey. Ref called an intentional foul, meaning Auburn had two free throws then got the ball out of bounds. Not only did they miss the two free throws, they then failed to get the ball inbounds within the five-second limit. Arkansas ball. Auburn winds up losing by three.

I'm an Arkansas and Mike Neighbors fan, but I felt horrible for Auburn coach Johnnie Harris. She's a good coach and a classy lady, and that was just a heart-breaking way to lose a game.

Odd games all around.
Locked Previous topicNext topic