Today's SEC Schedule

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Today's SEC Schedule

Post by MikeADore »

Not a lot of particularly compelling matchups, but you never know in SEC '22. Who saw Florida going to Texas A&M and winning in double OT last week? And, they did it without their top player, Lavender Briggs. She, by the way, announced recently she will miss the rest of the season with an injury. Then, a few days later, she announced she was in the transfer portal. The odd thing is, Briggs' absence was explained by the program as a coach's decision. Lots of drama in that program the last year or so.

4:00 Auburn at Florida SEC Network
6:00 Texas A&M at (1) South Carolina SEC Network
6:00 Alabama at Ole Miss SEC+
7:00 Missouri at (12) LSU SEC+
8:00 (5) Tennessee at Vanderbilt SEC Network
Mississippi State at Kentucky Postponed by Kentucky

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: Today's SEC Schedule

Post by Go Vandy! »

Any chance we keep it close tonight? I've a very pessimistic fan, but i would settle for a 12-15 point loss. Not that i wouldn't be ecstatic for a W.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

I fear a rough night. They're not just big, they're tough and they play hard. I do expect a much better effort from the Commodores than we saw Sunday in Starkville. Sounds like coach had a few come to Jesus practices this week.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Florida wins again, 68-63 over Auburn.
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Go Vandy! wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:50 pm Any chance we keep it close tonight? I've a very pessimistic fan, but i would settle for a 12-15 point loss. Not that i wouldn't be ecstatic for a W.
I'm not feeling optimistic, but we'll see soon enough.
Locked Previous topicNext topic