Paradise Jam

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

OldDude
Vice Admiral

Paradise Jam

Post by OldDude »

Just went to the women's bball site at Vanderbilt Athletics and was surprised to see that the Paradise Jam is now being played at Memorial. Wow!

Okay, yes I am being a smart aleck, one of my true great abilities, but this stuff infuriates me. This site is a public representation of the university that I love and yet constantly makes errors or shows signs of poor oversight. Good grief can they not simply monitor and review for accuracy ?

https://vucommodores.com/vandy-hosts-ga ... -paradise/

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: Paradise Jam

Post by charlestonalum »

As long as the complaint department is taking complaints, have you noticed that the VU app where you listen to our radio announcers of all sports, lists the opposing team score before VU. Our score should always be first!
Versus75
Admiral

Re: vucommodores.com

Post by Versus75 »

OldDude wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:49 am ... was surprised to see that the Paradise Jam is now being played at Memorial.
Well, somebody at Vanderbilt fixed it for you. The article is still poorly written. For example:

"A Vandy Loss Would …
Put the Commodores of a three-game losing after the Paradise Jam...."

What does that mean?

And why no mention of former Vanderbilt player Koi Love playing for Arizona?

As for Charleston's comment:
charlestonalum wrote: ... have you noticed that the VU app ... lists the opposing team score before VU.
It is commonplace in the U.S. to list the Visitor score first, then the Home score. Let's see what happens when Vanderbilt is on the road.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Right: horizontal: Visitor @ Home; Vertical: Visitor
....................................................... @
......................................................Home
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I see from the latest article (until a correction is made) that Vanderbilt won the opener.

"The Commodores (3-3) fought to the final buzzer against the Wildcats (5-0), winning on a buzzer beater 48-46."

https://vucommodores.com/vanderbilt-tak ... the-brink/

Then why is Arizona 5-0?
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Terrible reporting, but gutsy losing effort by Dores.
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

Versus75 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:25 am I see from the latest article (until a correction is made) that Vanderbilt won the opener.

"The Commodores (3-3) fought to the final buzzer against the Wildcats (5-0), winning on a buzzer beater 48-46."

https://vucommodores.com/vanderbilt-tak ... the-brink/

Then why is Arizona 5-0?
At the end of the game, the live stats were messed up, at one point showing the score tied at 48-48 and OT beginning and at another Vanderbilt winning. It was very confusing since it didn't agree with what I was seeing on the broadcast. vucommodores.com must have been relying on the live stats feed, but you'd think they would have identified the incorrect score before publishing on the website.
Locked Previous topicNext topic