C.J. Taylor says there were "conversations" with UT about entering the transfer portal

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

C.J. Taylor says there were "conversations" with UT about entering the transfer portal

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

So we're just tampering out in the open now. Cool, cool...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 064299007/

VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Re: C.J. Taylor says there were "conversations" with UT about entering the transfer portal

Post by VUaskew »

I kind of like UT getting openly exposed. Funny, most of their fans would deny that any VU player is worthy of wearing the orange.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: C.J. Taylor says there were "conversations" with UT about entering the transfer portal

Post by charlestonalum »

What are the rules these days about poaching? If there are any we kniw UT woukd not follow them. Glad C.J. is on the team.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

Who knows, but this is sufficiently vague enough that any number of things could have happened that would not have violated any rules. I'm pretty certain (90%) boosters can reach out with NIL offers that are "unaffiliated" with the school. That can easily be described as conversations with UT. Don't love it, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

Sometimes you forget their a football board.
Locked Previous topicNext topic