Justin Lustig on podcast: VU working on landing a grad transfer tight end for 2023

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Justin Lustig on podcast: VU working on landing a grad transfer tight end for 2023

Post by BrentVU »

Bernard Lomberg does the "Conversations with Commodores" YouTube series that is often interesting; usually it features a football alumnus, but this week Vandy special teams and tight ends coach Justin Lustig appeared. Here are a few snippets:

"We're eyeballing postseason play. That's talked about every single day in this building... we are dead set on that, and we are going to get that done."

"We're excited about the quarterback position... not just A.J. Swann. We've got a lot of depth there. We've got a really talented wide receiver room, so you may see a Vanderbilt team that's throwing it around a lot more effectively. Excited about the offensive line we've got coming back. We've got some good young running backs, there's just a lot to be optimistic about on that side of the ball...

"Defensively the thing that stands out to me is just Coach Howell and his maniacal pursuit of getting those guys to play hard..."

On the tight end position after veterans Justin Ball and Cole Spence: "We've got some young guys coming in that we're looking at to make a difference, two young men from Alabama [Kamrean Johnson and Josh Palmer] that we're excited about. And then we've got a transfer that we're working on right now, a grad transfer-- I can't really speak on him, but we're excited about the room."

The grad transfer tight end thing has been rumored for some time, but still interesting to hear him mention it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJfaUZPJa6I&ab_channel=BernardNomberg

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Justin Lustig on podcast: VU working on landing a grad transfer tight end for 2023

Post by BrentVU »

Also revealed in this interchange is a date for the Spring Game (we'll assume it's accurate, though it hasn't been announced yet): Saturday, April 8.
Minoadoc
Rear Admiral

Re: Justin Lustig on podcast: VU working on landing a grad transfer tight end for 2023

Post by Minoadoc »

i didnt know Gronk had eligibility left.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

TE is definitely a position of need.
Locked Previous topicNext topic