Springfield, IL: Why this towering North Mac OL (Cooper Starks) committed to Vanderbilt

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Springfield, IL: Why this towering North Mac OL (Cooper Starks) committed to Vanderbilt

Post by BrentVU »

North Mac senior Cooper Starks had all kinds of different offers.

None matched the competition nor the academic level of Vanderbilt University.

The 6-foot-5, 320-pound offensive tackle verbally committed to the Commodores after an official visit to the Southeastern Conference program over the weekend.

He also had offers from Ball State, Toledo, Central Michigan, Miami (Ohio), Kent State, Ohio, Army, Navy, Illinois State, Western Illinois, Maine and South Dakota.

“It took a lot of pressure off of my shoulders,” Starks said in a phone interview on Wednesday. “Now I know I have another goal I can focus on, and that's starting my freshman year (at Vanderbilt). It's honestly very refreshing and takes a lot of pressure off of me.”

More:
State Journal-Register: Why this towering North Mac offensive lineman committed to Vanderbilt (by Bill Welt)
https://www.sj-r.com/story/sports/high- ... 635570001/

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: Springfield, IL: Why this towering North Mac OL (Cooper Starks) committed to Vanderbilt

Post by Go Vandy! »

... ntm only P5 offer.
Locked Previous topicNext topic