NEXT UP: @ UH. Any travel reccs??

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

mtnvandy
Captain

NEXT UP: @ UH. Any travel reccs??

Post by mtnvandy »

Gents,

Is it a coincidence 3 VU teams will head to the Islands w/n 10 months?

I have never been to Hawaii. Anybody have any reccs for a traveler on a budget?

REGARDS,

MtnVandy

commadore
Admiral

Re: NEXT UP: @ UH. Any travel reccs??

Post by commadore »

Make it a BIG budget.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

My recommendation: GO!

I have seen the dores in Maui 3 times, such an awesome experience.

Get your hotel and plane tickets early (as in many months early). Save your pennies. Try to stay in the same hotel as the team. Rent a jeep wrangler soft top and keep the top down the whole time. Explore the island. Massive time change and long flights, so stay a minimum of 4 days.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

And don't forget to save a penny or two to go watch the Dores take on the UNLV Rebels in the desert in 2023. I plan to head there with a group of friends. With any luck there will be a home Raiders game that weekend and maybe even a UFC card
mtnvandy
Captain

Post by mtnvandy »

Thanks for tips.
Sounds like budget trips & Hawaii not a match...guess will need to seek a revenue boost in ‘22.

....if only I cld be paid $10M not to work.

MtnVandy

#BeatUH
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

No, mtnvandy, it CAN be done!

Last time I went was to see us in Maui Invitational the year we played Arizona and Cincinnati. I started planning 6 months ahead. I watched hotel prices and plane fares and everything. We had a few splurges like the jeep, but we stayed 6 days on two islands. One island we found a private chalet B&B type for under $100 a day, so we splurged on the hotel at the other island. Studied plane fares so plucked direct flights a few months prior for CHEAP. Grocery store shopped for a few meals. Found a couple private beaches and drove up to volcanic rims for entertainment. You can do it on a decent budget, but it takes PLANNING and RESEARCH. But it is all worth it, my friend, especially if you've never been or only get an opportunity to go every so often. And especially if you have to plan overtime at work now to have the money to do it later!

Make it a goal for you to go. If you do now, it can be achieved. I'll meet you there for a drink. Coconut or pineapple flavored!
Locked Previous topicNext topic