OT: The NCAA wants Georgia vs. Alabama for national championship

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Golddore68
Admiral

OT: The NCAA wants Georgia vs. Alabama for national championship

Post by Golddore68 »

There was no way the NCAA is going to make Alabama and Georgia 1-4 or 2-3. They don’t want those teams playing in the semi-finals, they want those teams in the national championship. Look for Alabama and Georgia to be 1-3 or 1-2.

That might be the right way to seed the teams based on how strong they are, but the NCAA knows that would be a huge ratings game and generate the most money. And that’s all the NCAA cares about.

So I expect it to be: 1. Alabama, 2. Michigan, 3. Georgia, 4. Cincinnati or perhaps flip Michigan and Cincinnati.

dcdore
Admiral

Re: OT: The NCAA wants Georgia vs. Alabama for national championship

Post by dcdore »

I have a different take. I don't think the committee would like an all-SEC championship game.
So I think:
1. Michigan
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Cinci
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Post by Johnmn555 »

With all of the chatter over all of the months, I don't think there was any controversy over the choices and the seedings. GA mowed down solid opposition for 12 games before a hiccup and was clearly No. 1. Cincy didn't have the exploits of any of the other three and had to be seeded fourth.
thefan
Captain

May be out of line here but.....

Post by thefan »

I believe neither Cincinnati nor Michigan are very close, talent and performance wise, to Alabama or Georgia. I think Ole Miss is the current 3rd best team in the country!
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Committee was in a no win situation. If they paired Alabama and Georgia, the complaint would have been that the committee wanted to ensure that a SEC team would be in the finals.
DivergentDore
Commander

Post by DivergentDore »

Hands down the committee wants Bama-Mich in the championship game. Michigan-tOSU was the highest rated regular season game and had almost 4m more viewers than the second most watched.
Locked Previous topicNext topic