The Future

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Seadog73
Admiral

The Future

Post by Seadog73 »

I just read a subscribers-only article in the Tennessean by Gentry Estes. It focused on the 36 hours before the UT game, with significant discussion of what CCL and the coaches were saying before, during and after the game. Being mindful of the prohibitions against posting premium content, I will say just a few things. Those who feel CCL is too unemotional to succeed don't know what goes on behind closed doors - Estes recounted a fiery, explosive, positive post-game speech from CCL. While acknowledging the probability of high player turnover this season, Estes made it clear that many players truly love CCL, believe in him and what he is doing at VU. More importantly, in some ways, Estes himself came away believing in CCL.

I came away from reading the article convinced that CCL can and will get the job done at VU. It won't be as quick of a turnaround as UT's has been this season, but CCL can do it.