Tennessean: Vanderbilt football report card: How we graded Clark Lea's final performance of Year 1

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Tennessean: Vanderbilt football report card: How we graded Clark Lea's final performance of Year 1

Post by BrentVU »

Offense: B-; Defense: B-; Special Teams: D; Coaching: B

Tennessean: Vanderbilt football report card: How we graded Clark Lea's final performance of Year 1 (by Aria Gerson)
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... -NLETTER65

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: Tennessean: Vanderbilt football report card: How we graded Clark Lea's final performance of Year 1

Post by Go Vandy! »

x
Last edited by Go Vandy! on Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dore74
Vice Admiral

Re: Tennessean: Vanderbilt football report card: How we graded Clark Lea's final performance of Year 1

Post by dore74 »

I’d go with INC incomplete. Let’s see how recruiting ends up
zhanglini
Commander

Post by zhanglini »

Go Vandy! wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:13 am I'm not sure how a 2-10 season averages C+ or B-. Would 4 Ws be an A?
Grade inflation?
@AD
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

I think she was trying to be nice.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As far as evaluating football teams I give her zero credibility. I've seen some improvement this season but no way would I grade the team a B- in offense. Maybe a C- at best.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

Go Vandy! wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:13 am Would 4 Ws be an A?
Compared to preseason expectations...
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Just to be clear, the grades were for the Tennessee game -- "the final performance" -- NOT the entire season.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
thefan
Captain

Take in consideration the...

Post by thefan »

mess, chaos, and low level of VU football expertise when Coach Lea arrived! He came from one of the best programs in the country to one of the worst! What expectations did you really possess prior to the season's beginning? Thought he did a very good job considering. The garbage that he only had so many wins; Bear Bryant would have struggled in the current Vandy environment! Of course Bryant would not have come to such a disaster!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FayetteDore wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:45 am Just to be clear, the grades were for the Tennessee game -- "the final performance" -- NOT the entire season.
Oh, then B- maybe. Still, 21 points nowadays is below par for an average CFB team. The No. 65 team out of 130 teams averages over 28 points a game.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Locked Previous topicNext topic