OH, hey coach

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

OH, hey coach

Post by Dorewithaflare »

Please get someone else besides that #86 on those sweeps, also quit using your best two RBs on kickoffs before you get them killed. Also if you get down the goal line on fourth down ,please get us three. We really don't get there that often.

admin
Site Admin

Re: OH, hey coach

Post by admin »

Yeah, I wish we would have kicked that FG early in the game. I'm not mad at Lea though. He was just trying to get a win. Remember, we missed all three FGs the week before. I know Lea wishes we would have kicked that now.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

admin wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:01 am Yeah, I wish we would have kicked that FG early in the game. I'm not mad at Lea though. He was just trying to get a win. Remember, we missed all three FGs the week before. I know Lea wishes we would have kicked that now.
You are going to get two different opinions on both field goals that were controversial. My thought on the first field goal was, "Coach is playing to win today". My thought on the second field goal was, "I hope Coach knows what he is doing." That's what he gets paid to sort out so he has to take on that responsibility.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

vandy05 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:20 pm
admin wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:01 am Yeah, I wish we would have kicked that FG early in the game. I'm not mad at Lea though. He was just trying to get a win. Remember, we missed all three FGs the week before. I know Lea wishes we would have kicked that now.
You are going to get two different opinions on both field goals that were controversial. My thought on the first field goal was, "Coach is playing to win today". My thought on the second field goal was, "I hope Coach knows what he is doing." That's what he gets paid to sort out so he has to take on that responsibility.
Go for points early, go for TDs late. General rule of thumb that almost always wins.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I am still so pissed at the last (1.36) series. I am pissed at Minter for only rushing 3 players. When it was obvious it wasn't going to work he doubled & tripled down on it!!! Only an idiot would have stuck with not changing to put more pressure on their QB. Me & thousands of others I bet were screaming in front of their TV set to RUSH AT LEAST FOUR!!! You can NOT give a QB 10 seconds to find an open man. I am TRULY pissed at Lead for, as a defensive guru) to NOT tell Minter to change!!! This was coach malpractice!!!! The team deserved better!!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic