Vanderbilt Football social media accounts

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VUinFL
Commander

Vanderbilt Football social media accounts

Post by VUinFL »

I certainly don’t follow any other teams accounts, but I just can’t imagine another team posting so much after a loss. It is incessant, one after another - Instagram, Twitter…all night last night and all day today. Shouldn’t they take it a bit easy? I understand they collected a lot of content at the game and want to use it but it seems like it should be toned down after such a ridiculous loss. Any thoughts here? How do other teams handle this?

vandy05
Vice Admiral

Re: Vanderbilt Football social media accounts

Post by vandy05 »

If there is one drum I've heard beat on this board for YEARS its that the VU athletic department needs to do more marketing. In 2021 social media posts are a top way to do that. I can't blame them for doing it. I am a vote in favor of always trying to promote your team and get your side of the story out there.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

vandy05 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:39 am If there is one drum I've heard beat on this board for YEARS its that the VU athletic department needs to do more marketing. In 2021 social media posts are a top way to do that. I can't blame them for doing it. I am a vote in favor of always trying to promote your team and get your side of the story out there.
I totally agree with you, and I like seeing the tweets.

But I gotta say, the replies to Saturday's "We fought to the very end" tweet with the final score were brutal. And most were from Vandy fans. Never look at the replies!
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
VUinFL
Commander

Post by VUinFL »

I guess it isn't their fault that the team isn't giving them much ammo...it just seemed ridiculous that a few days after the blowout losses we were still seeing posts of our one highlight (a meaningless interception deep in our own territory) over and over again like it was some huge moment. Also, after an embarrassing loss, the last thing I want is constant reminders of the fact that we're not good. I'll just scroll past them quickly like I usually do.
Locked Previous topicNext topic