Thoughts on Vandy's loss to South Carolina

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

jpmando
Commander

Re: Thoughts on Vandy's loss to South Carolina

Post by jpmando »

call it “savvy”.

Some just have it, see nuances, can trust their gut . He had it as coach here. Not sure anyone ever did.

dorefaninktown
Petty Officer

Post by dorefaninktown »

Re franklin....

Franklin admitted at times he was never an x and o guy, but focused on the emotional intelligence required to coach.

I think a lot of coaches love the game and coach it. Franklin loves people and coaches them. Very few people are long term successful in the former category who are great, Bill Belichick I think comes to mind. Saban and dabo coach people not the game. Same with hugh freeze.

But college schemes have a tendency to find each other. Gus malzahn was brilliant xs and os at a time. Then the country replicated what he did with McFadden and Jones and he is now on the hot seat already at UCF. Same with chip Kelley.

Franklin knew what his players could do and couldn't do. He didn't care about whether it was pretty or not and he knew if all things were equal, wed go 0 and 8 in conference play.
VUgearhead
Rear Admiral

Post by VUgearhead »

Great analyses Brent and Roanoke. I always appreciate the views you give after any given fall Saturday.

That said, here's hoping the rest of the SEC doesn't find the magic bullet to counteract Wright's athleticism before our coaching staff finds a way to keep them guessing on offense.
Locked Previous topicNext topic